Error code: 85132273 - when compiling objects

TibblesTibbles Member Posts: 3
edited 2015-06-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

This is my first question on this forum, that I have been reading quite often in the past 7 years though...

My issue is the following, I don't know if anybody came across the same problem before:
I am using the version 7.10.36897 and trying to upgrade a database from NAV 2009 R2 to NAV 2013 R2, following this procedure: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 8(v=nav.71).aspx
I am stuck on task 4 when converting the database to NAV 2013 R2; I have successfully open and converted the database to 2013 R2, and I have to compile the system tables 2000000004..2000000130. 4 of those tables do not compile : 2000000080, 2000000120, 2000000121 and 2000000130. And an error code 85132273 pops up. That's it, no other information, only this error code.
I have been looking up, and apparently, the cumulative update 9 (37221) is having a fix for this error: "359635 The database cannot be upgraded due to error code 85132273." So I have downloaded this rollup, but I still get the same error...

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Answers

• krzychub83krzychub83 Member Posts: 120
    I came across that error this morning, while doing test upgrades. I was upgrading from build version 6.00.34188 to 7.1.37221. I didn’t have this problem in CU 7 (if I remember right the previous used version), but it showed up in CU 9 (CU for Cumulative Update). To my surprise this bug was ‘resolved’ in version 9: 359635: The database cannot be upgraded due to error code 85132273. Unfortunately I was not able to find any more details related to this error and I didn't had enough time to drill into it yet.

I downloaded CU 10 and will give it a go. Maybe MS fixed it in the newest release… I will let you know if it that build works.
  • krzychub83krzychub83 Member Posts: 120
    Nope, CU 10 does not solve it.

It looks like Object Metadata is somehow corrupted for those tables, thus NAV Development Environment is not able to compare 'changes' on those tables against any data lose risks. I resolved this error message with those steps:
    0. Backup table data (not required in my case, as I had got no data in those tables...)
    1. Stop the NAV Server
    2. Remove Object Metadata for highlighted tables from the SQL side. If you do not stop NAV Server then I would expect it to notice missing metadata for those tables, which would lead to their deletion from database (and data lose)
    3. Recompile the tables from NAV Development Environment. Please note that as there is no Object Metadata for those tables NAV won't notice table definition 'update', thus it will not warn you against any data lose
    4. Start back the NAV Server

However this can be done much easier with those steps:
    0. Backup table data (not required in my case, as I had no data in those tables...)
    1. Stop the NAV Server
    2. Switch off [Prevent data loss from table changes] option in NAV Development Environment
    3. Recompile tables from NAV Development Environment, but only those ones which are corrupted, as we don't want any other changes to be applied to the database without the data lose check!
    4. Switch back on [Prevent data loss from table changes] option in NAV Development Environment
    5. Start back the NAV Server

PS: The error message is gone and objects do recompile, but at this stage I cannot guarantee that nothing else has been broken by this workaround. I will be double checking it in upcoming days. If I notice anything I will let you know about it.
  • TibblesTibbles Member Posts: 3
    Thanks krzychub83 for your contribution. I have been through the same hassle than you, and no, the cumulative update 9 (or 10) does not solve the problem, even if the error is mentioned by Microsoft in the rollup 9. But I finally found how to fix this issue.

I have done the steps you were recommending on the system tables, however I had the same issue on most of the regular tables, and it is really dicey to set the "Prevent data loss from table changes" to No, I would not advise to do it.

However, I finally found a clean way to solve this through the PowerShell console.
    You need to run the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 Administration Shell on the Service Tier server, and run the following cmdlet: Sync-NAVTenant DBInstance (where DBInstance is the name of your database instance). This cmdlet will synchronize your NAV changes in SQL. After this command has been successfully run, you can compile all your objects with no error. Basically, this cmdlet should be run each time there is a major change in the tables structure in NAV.

Hope this message will help.
  • MrWhoMrWho Member Posts: 59
    Tibbles wrote:
    However, I finally found a clean way to solve this through the PowerShell console.
    You need to run the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 Administration Shell on the Service Tier server, and run the following cmdlet: Sync-NAVTenant DBInstance (where DBInstance is the name of your database instance). This cmdlet will synchronize your NAV changes in SQL. After this command has been successfully run, you can compile all your objects with no error. Basically, this cmdlet should be run each time there is a major change in the tables structure in NAV.

Thank you Tibbles. The sync-navtenant really did the trick.
  • nilesh4381nilesh4381 Member Posts: 33
    Thank you so much @Tibbles....

Sync-NAVTenant dynamicsnav71

it is really a perfect solution.

Even NAV 2013 R2 CU 10 didn't slove that issue. Microsoft need to look in to that.
    Any way you are rock brother.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
    Regards,
    Nilesh Gajjar

Nav Technical Consultant
    http://www.intech-systems.com
  • bochinchabochincha Member Posts: 4
    Thanks a lot.
    I´m upgrading from NAV 2009 R2 to NAV 2013 R2 and found the same error trying to import all customized objects when starting to import table objects (other types imports right).
    I solve the error with these 2 Windows PowerShell commands:

import-module "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\Service\NavAdminTool.ps1"
    Sync-NAVTenant <ServiceName>