permissions

Supremenerd88Supremenerd88 Member Posts: 21
edited 2014-10-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi guys,

i've a problem on objects permissions. I need to know (before object installation on customer DB) which permits they need, to prevent permission error on execute (for example when someone execute a page to edit some custom statistic flags on Sales Invoice Header, user get permission error but when i coded this page i used developer licence and i din't get this error...)

Is it possible?

I can test objects with customer's licence, but it isn't very confortevole...

Thanks.
Giorgio Gandolfi

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The "Sales Invoice Header" is a protected table. A customer license will not have access to directly modify these records. You must grant those permissions to the object and then give the users indirect permissions.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Supremenerd88Supremenerd88 Member Posts: 21
    bbrown wrote:
    The "Sales Invoice Header" is a protected table. A customer license will not have access to directly modify these records. You must grant those permissions to the object and then give the users indirect permissions.

Ok, i agreed with you, but my previous question was "Can i get permissions list necessary to use specific object?". I asked this question because i don't know what are protected tables. Now my question will be "Where can i find navision protected tables list"?

I used "Sales Invoice Header" in my example because it's "famous" table, but there are many other cases (i think...).

Thank you very much.
    Giorgio Gandolfi
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Run Report 10313 "License Permissions" for object type "TableData". Those with "Indirect" under Insert, Modify, and Delete are protected tables.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • JuhaJuha Member Posts: 39
    There is no features inside NAV that will tell you what permissions are needed to run an object. But you can use the SQL profiler and log the reads and writes to tables. If your customer use permission on other than tabledata I think the only way is to look at the code and find the objects used.
  • Supremenerd88Supremenerd88 Member Posts: 21
    Ok, thanks a lot to everyone.
    Giorgio Gandolfi