Options

Accessing into SQL server without db_owner

darmaadarmaa Member Posts: 65
edited 2014-11-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hello All,
I need to configure users into SQL Server. Users must not be db_owner in this database. Then I assigned that view_server_state for these users and defined by only 'public'. But these users cant access this database. Is it must db_owner inorder to access into NAV?

Comments

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You don't say which version or how these users are trying to access NAV.

Regular users should NEVER be DB_Owner. Only users doing development (which should not be done in live) or maintenance task such as object imports need to be DB_Owner or higher.

With NAV 2009 (or below) regular users should only be members of the database's Public role. Which is assigned by default. With NAV 2013 (and above) regular users don't even need to exist in NAV.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Version is NAV 2009 R2 and users trying to access by Windows authentication. Default is 'Public'. So how can I solve it?
  • Options
    Which client are they using, and what are you trying to solve? I'm unclear of the exact problem you are having. Regardless of your problem, assigning SQL permissions beyond Public is not the solution.
  • Options
    cannot access into database by Classic Client. it appears "Invalid User name and password" error message. How can I access into database without db_owner permission?
  • Options
    It would appear you do not have your users setup in the database correctly. You should review the process and set them up again. It's difficult to troubleshoot this problem thru a forum. I'd suggest you reach out to your NAV partner or consultant for assistance here. DB_Owner is not the solution to this problem.
  • Options
    Thanks bbrown,
    I`ll try it.