Options

Print to Excel feature in Aged Accounts Receivable report

kpsrikpsri Member Posts: 8
edited 2014-11-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I am currently using NAV 2009 R2 (Navigator Version 6.00.01.02) with Excel 2013 Office 365 (32-bit)

We started having issues with Print to Excel feature in Aged Accounts Receivable report in NAV around 3rd week of October. Prior to that, the report was working correctly and exporting data to excel when Print to Excel feature was checked

After the 3rd week of october, the report runs correctly when Print to Excel feature is left unchecked prior to hitting the preview button. If we check Print to Excel feature before hitting the preview button for the report, it spins for 2 minutes and gives an error message 'Couldt not create an Excel instance' (there is one another variation of this error message - 'Excel not found')

We narrowed it to Microsoft updates because NAV service tiers in our QA and Dev environments dont have windows update applied to them and Print to Excel feature (or using excel to do data migration to specific tables in NAV) works correctly there.

In my organization, they do automatic update of everyone's machines for Microsoft updates

We are trying to figure out what update could have knocked out this feature

I have uninstalled all updates applied during that period (did it one by one and did the test after each uninstall) and I still get that error

Does anyone know if there are any messages from Microsoft regarding one of their updates knocking out Print to Excel feature in NAV ?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks