Options

Stock Transfer: Inventory negative, location is positiv

dabba23dabba23 Member Posts: 77
edited 2014-11-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have a client that uses NAV2013.
I am trying to understand why this scenario is happening and if we make any changes would it have any consequences to the costing.

We have an item.
Total inventory for the item is zero or negative.
However, one location has a positiv inventory and we need to make a transfer from that location to another location, where the inventory is zero.

When posting the transfer order, we get an error:
"Item XXX is not on inventory".

In my world the item is on inventory for that location.
Why does NAV have this restriction on transfer orders, when it is possible to make negative or positive adjustment through Item Journals, thats gives us a negative inventory on a location.

Will there be any consequences to ex. costing to overwrite that rule, as long as we ensure, that we can only transfer from a positive inventory location and that won't result in a negative inventory for that specific location?

Comments

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

sounds like your transfer location has not enough stock - in this case this means the remaining quantity of the item ledger entry that was the first part of the transfer (outgoing). Transfers are coupled with "Applies-to Entry No.". As for the other (prevent negative stock), there is a good implementation of it in 2013R2. It's best to do a backport to your NAV, if you require this function.

with best regards

Jens