Options

NAV 2013R2 client can not find server

aceXaceX Member Posts: 166
edited 2014-12-12 in NAV Three Tier
I need help about connection problem between Client - Server. Server is on one network, client is on different network, so, the connection between this networks is enabled. When I ping Server from the clients computer it's OK. When I ping Client computer from servers side, also everything is OK. When I start NAV 2013 R2 I'm getting this message:
A server was not found at "net.[url=tcp://xx.xx.xx.xx:7046/ServiceName/Service]tcp://xx.xx.xx.xx:7046/ServiceName/Service[/url]". Either the URL is incorrect or the server is currently not available.
Does anyone have idea what should I do. Every idea is appreciated.

Best Regards to all

Comments

• Options
    ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    check if both service port and management port are open on firewall.
  • Options
    an also, are this 2 networks within same AD? if not you may have to use NAvUserPassword and fiddle with certificates and etc...
  • Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

I would use
    telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 7046

to check whether this is a Firewall issue.
    If telnet can connect to the server then it is not a Firewall issue.

If server and client are not in the same Domain then you have to use certificates
    as explain here
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502476%28v=nav.70%29.aspx

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    aceXaceX Member Posts: 166
    I've tried with disabled firewall (OS firewall and AV firewall), every protection was disabled, and still I can't look with local user this address via NAV. And with activated firewall, using telnet everything is ok ... so it's not the firewall. One solution is all of the users to be on domain of that server but, in this case that is impossible. So I need to connect local users from one network via WAN to server. The tunneling is ok, server and client are seeing each-other on ping.

I really need solution for this problem, if any one can help somehow PLS!

Best regards to all, and thank you for your appreciated time
  • Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

I hope with Server you mean NAV Server Service, and with client you mean RTC client.
    If NAV Server and RTC client are NOT in the same Domain, you have to implement certificates, as there is no way for the user on the RTC client to be identified by the NAV Server.
    IF RTC client is in the Domain ABC and NAV Server is in the Domain XYZ, how is ABC\User going to authenticate itself to server in the domain XYZ. It is not possible, hence you have to implement NAV over WAN.

Also the data sent from RTC cleint to NAV Server has to be encrypted hence the need for the certificate.

Please follow these instructions to setup certificates and NAV over WAN
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg502478%28v=nav.70%29.aspx
    I know it looks scary when you look at the insturctions but it is not too bad. Just follow the instructions one step after another.

Another option is to open VPN from RTC client to NAV Server, this will allow you to use NAV Server domain.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Please have a look here - there is a link inside to step-by -step instruction...

http://navworkshop.co.uk/2014/12/01/nav ... 015-azure/