Upgrade 2009R2 to 2015 CU1, step delete objects

Dennis_DecoeneDennis_Decoene Member Posts: 123
edited 2014-12-23 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

I imported the CU1 upgrade toolkit and executed step one, transfer data. Now I want to run step two, delete objects, but I get an error stating that I cannot delete some objects because I do not have permission. I know why, it is because these are from an add-on we do not have permission to. (zetafax integration)

So I know what the problem is, I just don't know how to proceed with the upgrade now.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• uappeluappel Member Posts: 11
    I have the same problem. I want to upgrade a database 2009 R2 to 2015 and the old version contains much useless objects, which the first NAV partner implemented for unknown reasons to the customers database. There are hundreds of tables, forms and so on which are in an ID-range that can not be modified with my developers license. I can delete the objects directly in SQL server Management Studio, but I think that will cause more problems during the upgrade process because of possible inconsistencies?
    Does anybody have ideas or experiences of how to handle that?

br
    Uwe
  • daborgdaborg Member Posts: 54
    Hello,

I imported the CU1 upgrade toolkit and executed step one, transfer data. Now I want to run step two, delete objects, but I get an error stating that I cannot delete some objects because I do not have permission. I know why, it is because these are from an add-on we do not have permission to. (zetafax integration)

So I know what the problem is, I just don't know how to proceed with the upgrade now.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

We have the Zetadocs addin in our ISV solution. I upgraded the database just fine by simply skipping those objects that I didn't have permission to delete. It's makes that step a bit more cumbersome as you can't simply select all of the objects, but if you do this I think your upgrade will succeed just fine.

Good luck!! \:D/
  • Dennis_DecoeneDennis_Decoene Member Posts: 123
    I solved it by doing this:

1. Make FBK of everything except objects.
    2. Make FOB of everything except offending objects
    3. Create new DB in 2009R2
    4. Import FOB from step 2
    5. Restore backup from step 1
    6. Manually delete offending tables
    7. Continue upgrade process
  • uappeluappel Member Posts: 11
    Now I found two possible ways to get rid of unwanted and not licensed objects.
    As posted in a german forum I can

1) Use "killer" objects to delete the not needed objects like described here
    http://navisionary.com/2011/11/how-to-d ... v-objects/
    http://www.archerpoint.com/blog/Posts/killer-objects

2) delete the old objects in SQL Management Studion in the SQL tables with an SQL query
    ( in a new database that contains only objects, no data )
    Object
    Object Metadata
    Object Tracking
    Object Translation
    User Metadata
    after that the objecs should not appear anymore in the development environment.
    maybe you need to fix some relations to be able to compile the left objects in the database because of missing references,
    to be able to compile all objects.

br and merry christmas to all
    Uwe