Options

Migrating from Ax to NAV

alvi99alvi99 Member Posts: 71
edited 2015-02-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hello, is there anyone out there with experiences on migrating from Ax to NAV?

I am looking for advice on approaches, tools, mappings etc.

Right now my approach is just to use Rapid Start templates in NAV, defines tables and fields, import data from csv files etc. But maybe someone has tried this before and have some experiences they will share?

Comments

• Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    1ClickFactory has created an Upgrade tool to Upgrade from AX to NAV ;-)

I'm constantly hearing this right now that customers are moving from AX to NAV, just makes me smile :-)

\:D/ GO GO GO NAV!!! \:D/

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)
  • Options
    absolutelyfreewebabsolutelyfreeweb Member Posts: 104
    clausl wrote:
    1ClickFactory has created an Upgrade tool to Upgrade from AX to NAV ;-)

:-k That would need a nav package/addon that changes everything AX does better than NAV...
  • Options
    Thanks Claus, I have just been in contact with 1ClickFactory, their response was
    "In response to your question about the possibility to perform migration from MS Dynamics AX to MS Dynamics NAV, I’m afraid that currently we are not able to offer any tools for this. However, it is in our plans to develop such a tool in the near future"

So we will have to wait and see what they come up with :-)
  • Options
    absolutelyfreewebabsolutelyfreeweb Member Posts: 104
    Alvi I'm not sure 1click would just give out an upgrade tool. Upgrading is their core business. I would suspect their tools are one of reasons for their success and that the tools are primarily for their own use?
  • Options
    absolutelyfreeweb, I know what their business are about, if they had the tools for this task I would get their help :-)