NAV 2015 - background posting

jeqdevjeqdev Member Posts: 8
edited 2015-03-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have a single tenant environment with one company and background posting enabled, starting in a dedicated NAV instance to NAS. I also have the default CustomSettings settings. It seems that the queue has been stopped for a while and there are more than 1200 entries in the job queue in Ready status. Typically each Sales Order contains one or two lines. When restarting the NAS instance service, the job queue is started and the jobs are processed, but after a while jobs start failing with the following error message "The user process has terminated unexpectedly. Check the Windows Event Viewer for more information". Having a look at the logs I found the following error and warning:
Server instance: DynamicsNAV80
Tenant ID: default
Session type: Background
Session ID: 2072
User: MyDomain\MyUSER
Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavCSideException
Remappable: True
ErrorCode: 22924076
ErrorNumber: 52012
ModuleNumber: 93
SuppressMessage: False
SuppressExceptionCreatedEvent: False
FatalityScope: None
Message: The connection to SQL Server was lost or never established. The next attempt will be in 11 seconds
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.OpenConnection()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnectionScope..ctor(NavDatabase database, Boolean requireNewConnection, TransactionType transactionType, NavSqlConnection
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnection.OpenConnection()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnectionScope..ctor(NavDatabase database, Boolean requireNewConnection, TransactionType transactionType, NavSqlConnection lastUsedSqlConnection)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavSqlConnectionScope.Create(NavDatabase database, TransactionType transactionType, IReference`1& lastUsedSqlConnection)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.SqlTableDataProvider.BeginTransaction(TransactionType transactionType)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.TransactionalDataCache.LockTable(NCLMetaTable table, DataCacheSessionState sessionState)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.BusinessApplication.Codeunit451.CheckCurrJobReady_Scope.OnRun()
at Filter.InvokeWithFilter(NavMethodScope )
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.BusinessApplication.Codeunit451.CheckCurrJobReady(INavRecordHandle jobQueueEntry)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.BusinessApplication.Codeunit451.WaitForJobReady_Scope.OnRun()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.BusinessApplication.Codeunit451.WaitForJobReady(INavRecordHandle jobQueueEntry)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.BusinessApplication.Codeunit451.OnRun_Scope.OnRun()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.BusinessApplication.Codeunit451.OnRun(INavRecordHandle εrec)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavCodeunit.DoRun(DataError errorLevel, NavRecord record)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.NavCodeunit.InvokeRun(Int32 objectId, Object[] args)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Runtime.ALSession.RunCodeunitAndDisposeSession(NavSession session, Int32 codeUnitId, NavRecord record)
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Ncl
HResult: -2146233088

I have also observed that there are hundreds of background sessions active. I understand that NAV creates these sessions when queueing each of the jobs and I am wondering if the problem could be related...

I would appreciate any help to understand the error.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Were you able to resolve this problem? I'm running into a similar situation.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.