Options

REPORT GROUPING - multiple items to print only once

CGaraldeCGaralde Member Posts: 19
edited 2015-02-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I would like some tips on how to design a report in NAV 2013, in such a way as GROUPING a result and displaying it only once and getting the total.

Basically I have this scenario:

Parent Client XYZ
Child Client 1 ordered Item A = 5 pcs
Child Client 2 ordered Item A = 5 pcs
Child Client 3 ordered Item A = 7 pcs
Child Client 1 ordered Item B = 10 pcs
Child Client 3 ordered Item B = 3 pcs
Child Client 2 ordered Item C = 200 pcs

I want to create an invoice report showing items ordered by Parent Client XYZ, grouped by Item and regardless of Child Client. In other words:

Parent Client XYZ
Item A = 17 pcs
Item B = 13 pcs
Item C = 200 pcs

I am relatively new to NAV development, transitioned recently to NAV 2013 directly from 5.0. I used to experiment on this using GROUP FOOTERS/HEADERS and CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(CurrReport.TOTALSCAUSEDBY) but what is the equivalent in NAV 2013?

Any help is appreciated, even pointing me to a similar report in Cronus is fine. Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi,

You can group it inside the RDLC report to get your requirement. You can refer this link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms170712.aspx to group inside the rdlc.

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    yukon wrote:
    Hi,

You can group it inside the RDLC report to get your requirement. You can refer this link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms170712.aspx to group inside the rdlc.

Regards,
    Yukon

Thanks for taking the time, yukon.

I have already tried this in VISUAL STUDIO before posting here and I am getting the group but it always displays multiple times. I only want to display it once.

It's like in NAV 5.0, I group it by Item and it will only display when, for example:
    CurrReport.SHOWOUTPUT(CurrReport.TOTALSCAUSEDBY("CURRENT_ITEM_IS DIFFERENT_PREVIOUS_ITEM")).
  • Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi,

Can you show us your report result and groping in rdlc? Me or someone can be suggestion on your case.

Here i did sample base on sales lines (Filter Doc. Type = Order and Type = Item)

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Hi Yukon,

I have attached a few things that might help you understand my situation better.

My ITEM equivalent is actually a combination of CODE,ARTICLE and COLOR and I have grouped group on this.

13 Clients have ordered ITEM "00ADNI008Z801" but I only want to show this once, and then the next ITEM "00ADNI0806W01" again ordered by multiple clients, again to be shown only once.

I am still experimenting on the displays so I have not configured the totals and such.

Thanks.
  • Options
    thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    Hi,

have a look in a standard report how grouping is done on multiple fields. In the screenshot an example from Report 206.
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer
  • Options
    Solved.

Thanks everyone for taking some time to help. It is a silly mistake actually. I made a PARENT GROUP grouped by CODE, ARTICLE and COLOR but I did not group on the DETAILS. In retrospect, I don't even need to create a PARENT GROUP but just group on the DETAILS.