Options

2009 R2 single sided Journal Entry

hg1311hg1311 Member Posts: 6
edited 2015-03-23 in NAV Three Tier
I have NAV 2009R2, using the RTC. NAV is letting us post one sided journal entries and I don't understand how.

Here is the situation:
We are importing using a dataport straight into the General Journal Line table (81). This entry brings in about a 50 line entry. This entry is always off by a few cents due to the foreign currency exchange rate. We are then adding the few cents to a new line (just the next available line in the Gen Jnl) posted directly to a currency expense account. However NAV is assigning this new line a new document number, instead of keeping it the same as the last 50 lines. This causes the 50-line entry to be off by a few cents. It also causes the new document line to be posted as a single sided entry with no balancing Debit (or credit). NAV has never let us post unbalanced lines before, especially a single sided entry.

Does anyone know why it is suddenly allowing this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• Options
    satbirsatbir Member Posts: 33
    Look for field 'Force Doc. Balance' in table 'Gen. Journal Template'.

This is from NAV help for this field.
    Force Doc. Balance Field
    The Gen. Journal Template Table
    Here you can specify whether documents that are posted in this general journal template must balance by document number and document type.
    When the program balances the general journal, it always does it on the basis of date. If you place a check mark in the Force Doc. Balance field, you allow posting only of documents that also balance by document number and type.
    Place a check mark in the check box if the documents must balance by document number and type.
  • Options
    hg1311hg1311 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, I checked and that box is checked on all of my batches in all of my journal templates.

This imbalance problem only happens when we import a GL entry. We do not have this problem when we are entering through the normal Gen Jnl page, it always errors out if we are out of balance.

It's like the import is overriding the rules?