Options

RTC Crashing on Customer Card

asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
edited 2015-04-16 in NAV Three Tier
I have a strange one. For two pc's when they opent he customer card, then click into the assistedit to retrieve a no. series. The moment they click on OK in the OK button in no. series window RTC crashes. This does not happen for other pc's.
In the client event viewer it creates the below error.

I have tried reinstalling the RTC< re-installing .NET. Confirmed it is not permission related. I removed the one add-in that was on the page but that didn't resolve it either. Would anyone have any ideas on things to check?

Application: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
Stack:
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.get_Item(System.__Canon)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.UIPatterns.FormUpdateRequestPattern.RegisterUpdateRequestsForAllChildForms()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.UIPatterns.FormUpdateRequestPattern.ProcessUpdateRequest(Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.DataBinder.NavFormUpdateRequestEventArgs)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.UIPatterns.FormUpdateRequestPattern.ConsumerPort_MessageReceived(System.Object, Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.CommunicationEventArgs)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.ConsumerPort.MessageAvailable(Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.IMessage)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.CommunicationChannel.SendConsumerMessage(Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.IMessage)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.CommunicationChannel.ProcessMessage(Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.MessagePriority)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.CommunicationChannel.HandleMessage(Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.MessageProcessingOptions)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.CommunicationBroker+<>c__DisplayClass4.<HandleOneMessage>b__2()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.CommunicationBroker.ProcessMessage(System.Func`1<Boolean>)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.CommunicationBroker.HandleOneMessage(Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.MessageProcessingOptions)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.WinForms.CommunicationMessageHandler.HandleHighPriorityMessages()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.WinForms.CommunicationMessageHandler.PreFilterMessage(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.ProcessFilters(MSG ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FPreTranslateMessage(MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.NavWinFormsClientSession.RunMessagePump()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.NavWinFormsClientSession.RunCore()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Windows.ClientSessionBase.Run()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.NavClientErrorHandler.ExecuteAndCatchExceptions(System.Func`1<Int32>)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.ExceptionHandler.DoExecute(System.Func`1<Int32>)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.StartWinFormsClient.RunCore()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.StartWinFormsClient.Run(Boolean)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinClient.StartWinFormsClient.RunAndDispose()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Program.ExecuteNormally(System.Func`1<Int32>)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.Program.Main(System.String[])

Bruce Anderson

Answers

• Options
    TrippyZTrippyZ Member Posts: 87
    There are many options. First one for me would be to replace the customer page with the Cronus code, and probably the Customer table too. After that, the no. series pages, codeunits and tables.

Chris
    Professional Navision Developer
  • Options
    asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
    I found that the error did not occur with a previous version of the page. So, I compared the text of both objects, and one by one removed each change in the newer version to match the older. Culprit was found to be a fact box "Posted Packages FactBox", which is part of the Lanham E-Ship module. Not sure what exactly in the fact box was causing the issue, but since we do not need it I disabled it and now the error is gone.

Bruce Anderson