Options

NAV 2015 - Object Listener

rosonroson Member Posts: 5
edited 2015-04-13 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

Recently started work on a NAV 2015 setup.
I have noticed today that any changes I make only show up once i have restarted the Service Instance.
On the older versions I would just do the usual changes in SQL to get the Object Listener to work - but it makes no difference with 2015 (I havent used 2013 so i am referencing 2009 r2 here).
The event viewer says the object listener is up and running - but it just doesn't work.

Is there something else i need to do here?

Thanks!

Roland

Comments

• Options
    neilgfneilgf Member Posts: 148
    Hi. What kind of changes? Configuration or development? Neil
  • Options
    rosonroson Member Posts: 5
    It's development changes.

Even a simple report that just displays a message doesnt work.
    It works fine the first time, but then if i edit the report, save it, then run it the changed message doesnt show - its the original.
    I have to restart the instance for it to work.
  • Options
    I have the same problem, worked on my development server for months and recently stopped working now I have to restart the instance each time to get the latest object. This is also occurring on some of our client sites and so I am interested to see the responses here.
  • Options
    rafaelrafael Member Posts: 4
    HI,

You should check if you have this trigger properly created in the database:

3w24ah0ky31p.png

If you don't, you can script it from the demo database.
  • Options
    That did it Rafael. Thanks
  • Options
    Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT]Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 22
    If you find a repro on how you loose the triggers, please report it back to me and I will have a look!
    BR
    Torben
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • Options
    rafaelrafael Member Posts: 4
    Hello Torben,

It used to happen to me when I created a new empty database and imported a .navdata file (2013 R2), but it worked correctly with version 2015 (CU9) recently.

Regards,
    Rafael