Options

Permission issue when posting Service Order in NAV2013 R2

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
edited 2015-06-02 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

is it possible that there's a bug in NAV2013 R2 when you post a Service Order that contains an Item with Item Tracking? As far as I can see NAV tries to enter a line in table 6507 "Item Entry Relation" by CU 5985 "Serv-Item Tracking Rsrv. Mgt.". If you don't have SUPER User Rights then you get the following Error Message:
You do not have the following permissions on TableData Item Entry Relation: Insert

For table 6508 "Value Entry Relation" it's solved in two ways.
  • CU 5985 does have the permissions to insert into that table and in the Basic User Permission Set you get Indirect Permission to write into that table.
  • In the Permission Set to post Service Orders (SM-Q/O/I/C,POST) you get even direct Insert Permission to that table.

I think it's completely forgotten for table 6507. Or do I miss something here?
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Comments

• Options
    simeon0816simeon0816 Member Posts: 12
    Add the "All" Profile to the User maybe?
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    No, that's what I'm saying. The BASIC Permission Set (which is ALL in former versions I guess) only gives you indirect Permissions to Item Entry Relation, but the Codeunit doesn't provide the second part for the indirect Permission. For Value Entry Relation it works. You get indirect Permissions from the BASIC Permission Set and the Codeunit contains the additional Permissions for Value Entry Relation. For Item Entry Relation the part in the Codeunit seems to be forgotten.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    andrewtandrewt Member Posts: 73
    I've just checked with NAV 2015 and basically found the same: Indirect insert (modify/delete) permissions to table 6507-Item Entry Relation are provided by permission sets BASIC and FOUNDATION, no further permissions sets include table 6507. Codeunit 5985 inserts records into tables 336-TrackingSpecification, 6507- ItemEntryRelation and 6508-ValueEntryRelation but provides permissions to table 6508 only. So indirect permissions from permission sets would grant acces through CU8985 to table 6508, but not to table 6507. In addition I would potentially expect permission issues also for table 336 as well.

Good catch, einsTeIn !
    As a workaround I would suggest to add permissions to table 6507 with Insert=YES to an appropriate permission set and try to issue a bug report to MS so they are aware of it to fix it. In 2015, it's still there, verified for NAV2015CU7, W1 and DE.

Looking forward for the next CU :wink:
    Cheers
    AndrewT