Options

cannot Print barcode in report

moff2moff2 Member Posts: 9
edited 2015-05-11 in NAV Three Tier
hi all,
I've created 1 report to show barcode in invoice
in development server is correct
what I've done is just install barcode font in development server (nav and db server in the same server)
I save my invoice as pdf
CLEAR(SalesInvoiceSecDepReport);
SalesInvoiceSecDepReport.SETTABLEVIEW(SIH);
ReturnValue := SalesInvoiceSecDepReport.SAVEASPDF(FileFolder+FileName);
this one is successful

but even using the same object in production server, install barcode font
if I do the same steps... it will not produce pdf file with barcode font
notes : if i preview from the server, it will show with barcode

did i miss something?

Comments

• Options
    MarijnMarijn Member Posts: 69
    Hello,

You need to embed the barcode font in your PDF. If you don't, the PDF will not display the barcode on a machine without the font. See this for yourself: Save a PDF with barcode on your development machine. Email this PDF to someone without this font and open the PDF. You will not see the barcode. So even if you install the font on the production server, the PDF is not ready to be sent to someone else. Therefore, you need te embed the font somehow. I have not done this before in NAV, so I can't tell you how.
  • Options
    moff2moff2 Member Posts: 9
    Marijn wrote:
    Hello,

You need to embed the barcode font in your PDF. If you don't, the PDF will not display the barcode on a machine without the font. See this for yourself: Save a PDF with barcode on your development machine. Email this PDF to someone without this font and open the PDF. You will not see the barcode. So even if you install the font on the production server, the PDF is not ready to be sent to someone else. Therefore, you need te embed the font somehow. I have not done this before in NAV, so I can't tell you how.

Hi Marijn,
    what do you mean by embed?
    because from apps server.. if i preview and then print manually
    it will show as barcode
    but is using mycode saveaspdf it wont