Visibility for Request page fields

poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
edited 2015-06-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone,

I have a Request page with two fields: One Boolean(XX1) and one Date field(XX2)(both have global variables as sources).
I want the date field to be visible only if I check the boolean field.
I created a global variable isChecked, set the property IncludeInDataset to Yes and wrote the following code in the trigger OnValidate of XX1:
isChecked=XX1;
Unfortunately, it is not working.
How shall I do?

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:

Comments

• KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    On the date field (XX2) on the request page you need to set the Visible property to isChecked
    You could of course avoid the isChecked field altogether by setting the IncludeInDataset property of XX1 to Yes and then setting the Visible property of the date field XX2 to XX1
  • poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
    Kishorm wrote:
    You could of course avoid the isChecked field altogether by setting the IncludeInDataset property of XX1 to Yes and then setting the Visible property of the date field XX2 to XX1
    Thanks for your answer...
    Tried your suggestion but it didn't work.
    After running the report, I check XX1 in the request page but XX2 remains invisible...
  • poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
    By the way, I tried the same thing with property Editable of the field and it worked (the date field became editable when I checked the boolean field).
    but for property Visible, it is not working :(
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Have you tried putting the fields in a group and making the group visible?

That used to be a workaround in NAV 2009.
    Ah yes, I've had similar problems with card pages before. Try using the Enabled property instead then - although not as good as making it invisible it is better than just making it non editable.

P.S. I've not tried Mark's suggestion of using groups - I'll try that out sometime :-)
  • ReboghRebogh Member Posts: 13
    Had the same problem with field visibility in NAV15. Thank`s, Mark) Don`t understand why, but when using visibility on groops - it works!