Invoicing in Foreign Currency on Jobs

transmin09transmin09 Member Posts: 13
edited 2015-05-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi

We are using NAV2013 R2 and use the jobs module extensively.

We have a job where we will be having a fixed schedule for invoicing our client in Canadian Dollars. Our local currency is Australian Dollars and all costs are being incurred in Australian Dollars.

We have set up the job and put the invoice currency code to be CAD but when we go to the planning lines and put in the Unit Price (in Canadian Dollars) it is showing it to be same value as Australian Dollars ie exchange rate of 1 is to 1. The currency set up clearly shows the rate is 0.96 CAD= 1 AUD but the planning lines do not seem to recognise this.

Is there a different way of creating foreign currency invoices in NAV 2013 R2?

Comments

• grossgross Member Posts: 4
    Hi -

My install of NAV 2013 is also behaving the same way you describe. But, I do see the conversions start to take place when I generate an invoice from the planning line and post it. Bring up the statistics on the job once you've posted and you'll see varying amounts from your planning line and what you posted.

greg
  • gerardoabalgerardoabal Member Posts: 4
    Hi all

We are using jobs in NAV 2013 and have the same problem that transmin09 posted. When we set the "Invoice Currency Code" the planning lines do not reflect the 2 amounts (LCY and the one we chose); the invoice created and posted from planing lines its ok, because on G/L Entry does the currency conversion; but on planning lines and also on job ledger entries the doesnt.

Have you foud any solution or workarround for this problem?

Thanks in advance.
  • Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    edited 2016-02-25
    May be a stupid question but do you fill the "Currency Date" on the planning lines?
    That's the date NAV uses to find the exchange rate.

When NAV creates the Invoice it uses the Document Date of the Invoice if im not wrong, which would by default be the workdate.
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • gerardoabalgerardoabal Member Posts: 4
    Yes "Currency Date" its allready filled and the job ledger entry has not the dual currency amounts.

I cant find any hotfix documented for this problem, any ideas?