Options

Cumulative Updates - application objects

isaksigisaksig Member Posts: 10
edited 2015-05-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

Are there some disadvantages with only upgrading the platform environment but not the application objects and can you give me some examples? We are considering upgrading to the latest Cumulative Update but want to save a lot of work upgrading the objects, but of course we want to keep our product as stable as possible.

Thanks,

Isak.

Comments

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi isaksig,
    Are there some disadvantages with only upgrading the platform environment but not the application objects and can you give me some examples?

As per best practice you should always update both application and Platform Hotfix. I understand that we cannot do it frequently for a customer as CU's released every month. But still in a period of 6 month you can merge the application fix on the database.

If i am wrong, I have read somewhere that NAV 2013 + Latest CU Objects, NAV 2013 R2 + Latest CU Objects & NAV 2015 + Latest CU Objects are on the same code base, i.e the code will be same in all three versions if you are on Latest CU's.

Someone senior may confirm the above statement.

Applying the Application Objects fix - you also make the code optimized. As per my understanding with Cu's the code is now more optimized with every CU and it will also reduce the cost of Upgrade when you plan.

I hope it clears your doubts.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page