NAV2013R2 report section not showing in NAV, offline yes

Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
edited 2015-05-29 in NAV Three Tier
An invoice is not showing the lines at all. I import it into Claus' OfflineReport project, the RDLC and the XML and it works. Just inside NAV not.

Also it is one invoice and hardly different from any other invoice.

There is a confounding factor - production NAV is 2013R2, my Visual Studio uses 2013R1 components or whatevers so to view it offline, I downgraded it. Perhaps if I had a Visual Studio with R2 components around it would have been invisible too.

It is scary because it very much looks like a bug in NAV/ReportViewer and if I cannot fix it I don't know how we will solve it.

Comments

• Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Now wait a bit here... the visibility of the table was =Iif(Fields!Type_SalesInvLine.Value = " ", true, false) and yes first line was empty so that is at least clear an solves it but it suggests that offline report viewing in VS2012 may ignore / bug out about visibility expressions! Because it should not show it either!

Right in front of me, in VS2012 I see a big ol' fat <Type_SalesInvLine> </Type_SalesInvLine> and the visibility is set up for it and yet it shows the table.

I don't think the downgrading did it. Visibility did not change between these versions.