Nav 2015 upgrade - step 2 error

181deepak181deepak Member Posts: 95
edited 2015-08-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

I am upgrading from nav 2009 sp1 to nav 2015 AU.
I am using the latest cu available for each nav version.
after sync all objects I am doing tools--> data upgrade ----> and in 50% of process I am getting attached error.

Please provide solution.

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    You can run the codeunit as a normal codeunit and debug where it goes wrong.

That's the only option.
  • BardurKnudsenBardurKnudsen Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 137
    That particular step in upgrade builds up sql commands directly for converting dimension entries (for performance reasons).
    The issue is most probably that the company name contains some special characters that causes the sql script to become invalid. We did make a fix for this late February, so it should likely be included in the most recent CU. Otherwise you can inspect codeunit 104049 in the upgrade tool, function 'CreateTablesQry', second last line where an index is created. There we try to strip out invalid characters from the company name, so mayby your company name contains something we hadn't foreseen - or you haven't applied the very latest CU.
    Bardur Knudsen
    Microsoft - Dynamics NAV
  • solarconsultsolarconsult Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I'm currently running NAV 2015 Upgrade from NAV 2009 R2 and getting this error during the data upgrade.
    ===========
    CodeunitId : 104055
    FunctionName: StartUpgrade
    State: FailedPendingResume
    Error: The definition of the WIP Method field has changed; old type: Code, new type: Option. Start your activity again
    ===========

I will appreciate any help to resolve this error.

Thanks ahead
  • solarconsultsolarconsult Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I'm currently running NAV 2015 Upgrade from NAV 2009 R2 and getting this error during the data upgrade.
    ===========
    CodeunitId : 104055
    FunctionName: StartUpgrade
    State: FailedPendingResume
    Error: The definition of the WIP Method field has changed; old type: Code, new type: Option. Start your activity again
    ===========

I will appreciate any help to resolve this error.

Thanks ahead

I wish to update you that this issue has been resolved by replacing the upgraded Job Table with standard NAV 2015 Job table.

Regards