Options

NAV2015 SQL Views and NAV Queries

rhurleyklhrhurleyklh Member Posts: 5
edited 2015-07-20 in NAV Three Tier
I'm trying to determine if when in NAV2015 I create a query, does it create a view in SQL? I see many default views that don't have queries in NAV. I'd like to create a NAV Query and have it create the SQL view automatically.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JutJut Member Posts: 72
    Hi,

Are you talking about query objects in NAV (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 6(v=nav.70).aspx)?

NAV does not create SQL-Views when you define a NAV-Query (at least not as far as I know). Why do you need those SQL-Views?

Best regards,
    Jut
  • Options
    rhurleyklhrhurleyklh Member Posts: 5
    Yes, NAV Queries is what I was referring to. I was hoping that the SQL view would be created. It's really for the upgrade process to the next version. Instead of just a NAV upgrade, you would need to make sure all SQL views are updated as well. The client would use the SQL view, but many developers know NAV and not necessarily SQL, so it would be nice if the SQL view could be created via the NAV process.

Thanks
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    If your current database has user-created SQL views, then they were created outside the "normal" NAV development process. That has not changed with the new NAV versions, and will continue to need to be created and managed the same way as always.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.