Automation ArrayList in NAV 2013 R2

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
edited 2015-08-18 in NAV Three Tier
Dear All,

How do I read the ArrayList of a custom dll in NAV 2013 R2 Environment ?

Please reply.
Now or Never

Comments

• massimopasqualimassimopasquali Member Posts: 82
    Look that :

Name DataType Subtype Length
    NETArray DotNet System.Array.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    NETTYpe DotNet System.Type.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    NETConvert DotNet System.Convert.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

NETBufferLocal := NETBufferLocal.GetType('System.Buffer',FALSE);
    NETTYpeLocal := NETTYpeLocal.GetType('System.Byte',FALSE);
    NETArrayLocal := NETArrayLocal.CreateInstance(NETTYpeLocal, XMLText.LENGTH);
    NETArrayLocal := Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(XMLText);
    MemoryStreamLocal := MemoryStream.MemoryStream(NETArrayLocal);
    MemoryStreamLocal.Flush();
    MemoryStreamLocal.Position := 0;
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Look that :

NETArray DotNet System.Array.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    NETTYpe DotNet System.Type.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
    NETConvert DotNet System.Convert.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

NETBufferLocal := NETBufferLocal.GetType('System.Buffer',FALSE);
    MemoryStreamLocal := MemoryStream.MemoryStream(NETArrayLocal);
    MemoryStreamLocal.Flush();
    MemoryStreamLocal.Position := 0;

Could you be more clear.

My variable are :
    csc Automation 'CSClb'.Class1

csc.ReadCardDetails ==>> ArrayList
    Now or Never
  • massimopasqualimassimopasquali Member Posts: 82
    Hi, sorry I have seen your replay now.

It's easy:

In my case, I had did to implement an array of byte, becouse I had had the necessity to send a file XML from NAV to NAV by a DLL C# .NET. In C# .NET I will writing this sentence :

byte[] readBuffer = new byte[4096];

to that in NAV you have to define in development environment this type of global variables.

NETArray : Is a .NET namspace "System", in our case we have necessity of a subsidiary namespace "Array", so you make, in NAV, a
    global variable "DotNet" finding "System.Array.'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"

NETTYpe : Is a .NET namspace "System", in our case we have necessity of a subsidiary namespace "Type"; you have necessity of this variable becouse when you will instance the array you must specify the type of array : byte (in my case), string, ecc

NETConvert : In my case I made a conversation from "Stream" to "String"

Well, now you can create your array, in the manner :

1) Define the type of array, in my case was of byte
    2) Instancing the array specifying the type of arrya trought the variable "NETTYpeLocal" and specifying the lenght of array.

Now you can use that, I convert my XML text in byte putting them in my array

bye!! :-)