Options

Experience with Steelhead and NAV

asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
edited 2015-08-31 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Mibuso-ers.

We have just moved our NAV Tier and SQL servers into a data center from on site.
As expected, response in the RTC is slower. Not unbearable, but close.
Wishing to avoid having users use Terminal Server, we tried using NAV as a Terminal Services RemoteApp. That was slightly better but still not good enough.

We were thinking to use Steelhead to add compression between the center and our office. However I wasn't sure if it would help alot, or not much at all with NAV. I know it has been made to speed up SQL data requests so I was hoping it would help with NAV. I wonder if anyone has experience with using NAV RTC with Steelhead and could confirm?

Bruce Anderson

Comments

• Options
    graveczgravecz Member Posts: 35
    I have no experience with Steelhead, but:
    I'd await some ideas from Microsoft guys there. It seems that this is the way how they want to implement applications at all (in this case NAV-cloud).
    Do you have some modifications in your Database? If no, there shouldn't be any problem - ask MS for technical support - they should help you.

Has anybody experiences with this architecture? How is customers feedback? Is possible to engage by cloud 400gb NAV database?
  • Options
    asmilie2b3asmilie2b3 Member Posts: 39
    Good point. I will talk to MS. I am insterested how customers using Azure with the RTC solve the issue.
    Largly the issue is due to the line we are using, which is non contested but only 10MB/10MB. And that is shared between 30+ staff.