Resolving error "No primary key error for table in SQL Desc"

chanderchander Member Posts: 12
edited 2014-12-01 in SQL General
Hello,

Could some please help me in resolving the error "The Pay Journal Line table has no primary key constraint in the SQL Server table description."

I am getting this error after running the sp_removedbreplication even though there were no replication was done but i was getting error messages for publications and subscriptions of articles. So i removed them using sp_removedbreplicaton so that i can alter the objects of navision.

But after that i am facing the above mentioned error.

Could someone please help me in resolving this.

Thanks heaps in advance.

Chander

Comments

• chanderchander Member Posts: 12
    Could someone help me out on this issue.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    It would help if you post in the correct forum.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' to 'SQL General' forum]
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    what is the PK for the table? did you change it from sql by any chance? I suggest to drop the table and delete the object record from NAV and reimport the object (fob) back to recreate the table.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • csimoneaux0527csimoneaux0527 Member Posts: 21
    I am working in Nav 2013 and the above did not work for me. What I did was open the SQL Server Management Studio, find table that was in my error message, Expand it, clicked Columns and Right-click the field I wanted to set as the primary Key and choose it from the drop down list.