SQL server 2008 x64 - problem with posting

mpudjampudja Member Posts: 32
edited 2011-12-16 in SQL General
Hi everyone,

We using navision 5.0 with 17 users and we have sql 2008 x64.
Problem is when someone post e.g. Item Journal , Purchase Invoice etc, navision at the end of posting suddenly freeze, after that user must force client to shut down it and start it again to continue with work. Very strange is that entries are successfully posted.

doe's anyone know what's going on ?

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    Try the debugger to see what is happening after the COMMIT that confirms the posting to the DB.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• mpudjampudja Member Posts: 32
    thanks,
    that's good idea....
    kriki,

thank's for helping me....I've noticed when I post Purchase Invoice that debugger stoped at line UpdateAnalysisView.Updateall in CU90.

Now I have turn off option 'Update on Posting' in Analysis View and for now I'll update it when I'll need it.

But, question is, what caused this....before day or two we didn't have this problem....

thanks for enlightened me :)
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    With the change log you can track the future offenders.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Yesterday I was create new trace on sql to see what's happening. I've noticed that one user post Purhcase Inv. and I saw that trace on sql insert data in analysis view entry started from 01.01.2006. When I had open the table I saw that is empty!

I don't know who deleted all data. Now I've update all data and now it's ok.

thanks a lot to everyone.