Select Permission Error

transmin09transmin09 Member Posts: 13
edited 2012-08-04 in SQL General
Hi,

We have a user who is setup as windows authentication and has had no issue logging in to NAV using that. We have now created a new company and added him in and synchronised his user but he is getting select permission error as below.

229,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] the SELECT permission was denied to the object"Object",database "BA Equipment Group',schema.dbo

How can i resolve this?

Comments

• strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Which "Security Model" arte you using? I recommend "Standard"!
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • transmin09transmin09 Member Posts: 13
    how can i check whether i am using standard or not? i dont know much about SQL so a step by step reply would be handy

Thanks
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Check in Navision only
    File-->database-->Alter
    Check under Advanced tab
  • macuxpcmacuxpc Member Posts: 16
    transmin09 wrote:
    Hi,

We have a user who is setup as windows authentication and has had no issue logging in to NAV using that. We have now created a new company and added him in and synchronised his user but he is getting select permission error as below.

229,"42000",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] the SELECT permission was denied to the object"Object",database "BA Equipment Group',schema.dbo

How can i resolve this?

Check if you have populated the field "Company Name" on the role assignments.

Go to Tools --> Security --> Windows Logins

Select the user and click on "Roles". If the "Company Name" is populated, delete it and try again.
    MacUxPC
    Dynamics-NAV.org