Adding table and putting that as field on page

nav13nav13 Member Posts: 39
edited 2014-03-31 in SQL General
All - I need help with a small task. Can someone help me with instructions on how to create a table and add that as a field on the sales quote page?

NAV 2009 R2 Version

Table is called "Quoted by"
Simple table
two columns
1. Code - Max 20 characters, only alpha
2. Description - Max 60 characters, only alpha

Add this table as a field that a user will select from a drop down on the sales quote page. Then I want to also add this field to the "sales quote archive" page as well. Basically the data inputted in the new field will follow through to the sales quote archive.

Thanks,
NAV13

Comments

• geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Hi, main steps:
    - Open Object Designer, click on "Table" and then "New"
    - In the first line insert field no. = 10, Field Name = "Code", Data Type = "Code", Length = 20
    - In the second line insert field no. = 20, Field Name = "Description", Data Type = "Text", Length = 60
    - Move on a blank line and with the menu View -> Properties set ID = 50000 and Name = "Quoted By"
    - Save the object
    - Open table 36 Sales Header, move on a blank line and insert a new field with field no. = 50000, Field Name = "Quoted By", Data Type = "Code", Length = 20; open the properties and set TableRelation = "Quoted by"
    - Save the object and do the same for table 5107 Sales Header Archive
    - Open Page 41 Sales Quote in design and a new line in desired tab; set Type = Field, SourceExpr = "Quoted by"
    - Do the same for page 5162 Sales Quote Archive

Should be all (if I didn't forget anything): please take in consideration that it's not possible to create new tables with Cronus demo license.

PS: this thread should have been open in "NAV Three Tier" section.
  • nav13nav13 Member Posts: 39
    Thank you soo much! Sorry about posting to the wrong thread. I will make a note of it next time.

Best,
    NAV13