automated back up

Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
edited 2014-05-20 in SQL General
Hi expert. I have installed the SQL server management studio 2013 in the server machine. I have set up the back up plans and schedules from the backup maintenance wizard of the maintenance plans. But nothing was back up. I have done the same thing for another testing machine, but it is working fine. Please advise! Thank you for your time!

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Is SQL Server Agent running?
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Horse06Horse06 Member Posts: 496
    Yes, it is running.
    When the SQL server was installed in this machine, it was not assigned the instance name. Is it this reason that the automation couldn't start? Thank you!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What you see in the Job folder in the SQL management studio? What you see in th History of the Job?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    In The SQL Server Agent Folders I see the back up scheduled file name. In the Job activity monitor, it shows FAILED in the last run out, but it doesn't say what caused this. Thank you!
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Horse06 wrote:
    In The SQL Server Agent Folders I see the back up scheduled file name. In the Job activity monitor, it shows FAILED in the last run out, but it doesn't say what caused this. Thank you!

Right-click and "View History" on the failed run
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    It says ' The job failed. The job was invoked by schedule 10. The last tep to run was step 1(Backup)
    Executed as user: NT service\SQL SERVERAGENT started. Th package could not be loaded. The step failed.'. Thank you!
    It it working now. Thank you!