NAV 5.0 ACIE TAKE 20H OR MORE!

rxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxq Member Posts: 22
edited 2008-09-23 in SQL Performance
HI ,
the situation is NAV 5.0 ,SQL 2000 (sp4), all mdf,ndf,ldf files' size is total 2G,Runing ACIE would take 20Hours or more ,even down .
but when I restore the same backup file to NATIVE database ,it just would take 18 Min. to runing ACIE for same data.
As I know ,the special option is That:Warehouse -> Setup->Inventory Setup->Average Cost Period (Set 'Month')

Could someone give me some advice about it?

(
I also have finished testing like :I Set the property 'MaintainSIFTIndex' to 'No' the all keys in Value Entry table ,Run
ACIE ,nothing changed, It spent a lot of time either,: )
)

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems like not optimized SQL server and NAV SQL DB... ;-) Defragmented indexes, old statistics, SIFT tables full of zero records, non-optimal indexes...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    do you have maintenance jobs on sql for the database :?:
    How looks the defrag. of your database. How many indexes are on the value enty and how "deep" are the SIFT buckets :?:
    Also: How looks your hardware (local RAID?, SAN?) Don't forgett, NAV on sql will be stroked :mrgreen:

If you search the forum, there are many topics about SQL performance and ACIE.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • rxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxqrxq Member Posts: 22
    I have put the SQL Backup files into the other 2003 SERVER COMPUTER,and the result is the same ,and the key of Value entry is just following the standard 5.0 ,and I have not update the OBJECT table 5802,and about the defrag, I wanna try it now,

Thank you for you guys to response!