Slow After Upgrade

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
edited 2008-10-06 in SQL Performance
Dear All,
I upgraded nav from v3 to v5. Now my nav db is in v5 and i noted for certain customized form that i created b4 is running slow after upgraded and this is not happen in older version.
As an example: i got Form A and when the time i click on menu button on the form itself to called another form(Form B) by apply some filtering it take very long time to prompt up the Form B.

Erm..i juz wonder that should i need to do some fine-tuning after upgraded to nav5 and how to make it? Any Idea?? 10s in advance~~

Cheer,
teckpoh

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Native DB Server or MS SQL Server?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    as kine ask: which kind of servertype. We think it's the sql. Then the other question, which version, build no, of SQL (if it is sql).

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    Thank's kine and garak for the replied..i use mssql 2005....
    1) Be sure, that IndexHinting is disabled (search for IndexHinting for more info)
    2) Of course, there is big change in how the SIFTs are handled (or "how they were replaced"). It means in some cases optimalization is needed
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Take a look to the new SIFT Technologie. Since 5.01 there a index. views. Before it was tables.
    Also check if indexhinting is activated or not.

for mor infos, check the post in subforum SQL Performance.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    hi kine,
    i disabled the indexhinting for the specific table already but the performance still the same...take long time to prompt up the form B... any idea? or i miss out something
    Best will be to use SQL Profiler to catch the problematic query, analyze it and make proper changes. Without more info it is not easy to give you some solution.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision' forum to 'SQL Performance' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!