SQL problem

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
edited 2008-11-01 in SQL Performance
Dear concern

Now one of my client using NAVSQL database,firstly they were using Native database,now there speed is too slow then earlier.what can I do to increase their speed???????????????

Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    1. which Nav Version (Build No) ?
    2. which SQl Version?
    3. what is slow, which processes?
    4. How looks your Hardware? RAID or not a RAID (Which). How many drives, etc ...
    5. Do you have analyze it with using Client monitor, Perfmon, SQL Profiler, Tools on Tools CD

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    First go back to native so your client can work.

Then setup a proper testenvironment and run some benchmarks.

There are ton's of tips on the forums.

In the download section, search for SQL Perform. There are some webcasts there about tuning NAV and hardware.

There is also a session on Microsoft Technet done by my colleague mr. Hynek Muhlbacher.

Good luck.
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Dear concern
    I am using nav4.0sp3,SQL Server 2005.Every thing is slow when we r opening the Item card and no customization is there.
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    If there is no "strange" code running on that form then it could be a flowfield that is visible on the form and takes too long to calculate. Start the client monitor and see which statements take too long to execute.
  • strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Hi!

If you search this forum for "SQL Performance" you'll find tons of advices, hint and recommendations.
    Maybe you also want to check this out: http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/stryk/default.aspx
    8)
    Especially the stuff about SIFT etc..
    Regards,
    Jörg
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool