Welcome users of Dynamics Entrepreneur

Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
edited 2007-10-25 in Entrepreneur Solution
With the release of Microsoft Dynamics Entrepreneur Solutions 2008, we welcome all users of this new product.
No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)

Comments

• AnonymousAnonymous Guest Posts: 137
    I am a business intelligence consultant at In Summa.
    I was at the MS BI conference last monday where we were showed a demo of the upcoming NAV / Dynamics client and how the integration of BI tools and ERP software was on the agenda for Microsoft.

Being interested in the ERP packages MS has to offer, especially the Dynamics Entrepreneur version, for the scalability and the readyness for the Dutch market, I was wondering where I could get a demo version (or MSDN license version) to play around with?

We are a MS Gold Partner, is it possible to get a Dynamics software version if you are?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Demo's & Trials Are offered Here
    http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/produ ... ience.mspx

Since Dyn-Ent is based off of NAv
    Grow within the Microsoft Dynamics family
    When you require additional functionality to keep up with your business and industry, your next step is Business Essentials edition of Microsoft Dynamics NAV and the transition is easy.

You'll probably like the Test Drive
    http://www.dynamicsnavtestdrive.com/

I see no such offer for Entrepreneur yet.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    The forms of Entrepeneur are totally different from NAV. It is a completely new experience but very, very cool.

As I mentioned in my blog; the forms are absolutely NON compliant to the NAV 6.0 regulations. There is (conditional) formatting and multiple subforms.

Next week at convergence I am going to ask questions about this. How can MS develop a product that is SO cool and not support it in 6.0.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The forms of Entrepeneur are totally different from NAV. It is a completely new experience but very, very cool.

As I mentioned in my blog; the forms are absolutely NON compliant to the NAV 6.0 regulations. There is (conditional) formatting and multiple subforms.

Next week at convergence I am going to ask questions about this. How can MS develop a product that is SO cool and not support it in 6.0.

My guess is that they want to make all the product releases consistent. Introducing so many cool stuff will cause additional training on the standards of how the forms should look like.
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412

Of all ... you should know this ... :mrgreen:

I see a very clear problem in performance when using those forms on a big implementation... .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Alex Chow wrote:
    My guess is that they want to make all the product releases consistent. Introducing so many cool stuff will cause additional training on the standards of how the forms should look like.

Microsoft is obviously so big that the left hand does not know what the right hand does.

Forms like these should have either never been released or the whitepaper about 6.0 should allow pages like this.

Conditional formatting and multiple subforms are very cool functions of the current client that should remain in the new winform client.
    I talked with Henrik Gutte (if I remember correctly) about this - Responsibje for entrepreneur.
    They are two very seperate teams that developed this solution, with a very different focus... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    I just do not understand

Every ISV is willing to commit a crime to get 6.0 info to make their add/on 6.0 compliant and they do this :shock:

Confused. :?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I'm dying to see what's so cool!!!!

I can't login to partnersource - have to contact the lead - to get my info :oops:

"Store a picture of your item with each item card."

Anyone know if it's only BMP or anything?
  • kauffmannkauffmann Member Posts: 56

The forms have been designed before the final NAV 6.0 rules were published. Entrepreneur forms follow their own GUI guidelines. And they will be redesigned in order to fit with the possibilities of NAV 6.0, but that most probably will again end up with new Entrepreneur GUI guidelines.
    Waldo wrote:
    I talked with Henrik Gutte (if I remember correctly) about this - Responsibje for entrepreneur.
    They are two very seperate teams that developed this solution, with a very different focus... .

You talked with Henrik Gütle. He is indeed responsible for Entrepreneur.
    A good programmer makes al the right mistakes
    My blog
    Savatage wrote:
    I'm dying to see what's so cool!!!!

I can't login to partnersource - have to contact the lead - to get my info :oops:

"Store a picture of your item with each item card."

Anyone know if it's only BMP or anything?

It is the just BMP as it is today with NAV.
    My blog
    kauffmann wrote:
    The forms have been designed before the final NAV 6.0 rules were published. Entrepreneur forms follow their own GUI guidelines. And they will be redesigned in order to fit with the possibilities of NAV 6.0, but that most probably will again end up with new Entrepreneur GUI guidelines.

Wow, that must have been quite a while ago. :shock:

Multiple subforms and use of formatting has always been an issue in NAV so why go your own way and not follow the genereal GUI guides. :?
  • p.willemse6p.willemse6 Member Posts: 216
    Just keep in mind that Microsoft did not build (the basis of) Entrepreneur...
    Just keep in mind that Microsoft did not build (the basis of) Entrepreneur...
    What do you mean with that? :-k

From all I know (after talking with Henrik again), the Entrepreneur is another Dynamics product, not a Dynamics NAV product. NAV has just been used to have a platform, that's all. For the rest: seperate products.

Allthough they did confirm they're willing to follow the 6.0 client ... but they're still investigating how to do this... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What I saw somewhere in the code was "Celenia". You know who made some parts... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    What I saw somewhere in the code was "Celenia". You know who made some parts... :-)

Where did you find that? I can't even find the word Celenia in a full text export... :? They were not involved in the making of Entrepreneur.
    My blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Ok, correction, it is not directly in NAV but in the Customization.xml which is in the client folder. There is:
    <Customization xmlns:xs="http://www.celenia.com/2005/Customization.xsd">

it is why I assume that Celenia made some parts of this...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    Ok, correction, it is not directly in NAV but in the Customization.xml which is in the client folder. There is:
    <Customization xmlns:xs="http://www.celenia.com/2005/Customization.xsd">

it is why I assume that Celenia made some parts of this...

Ah, I see. The Customization.xml is used for Outlook integration in NAV and Entrepreneur has inherited it. That's why.
    My blog