Link between GL & Invoice

subhadynamicssubhadynamics Member Posts: 109
edited 2011-10-28 in Entrepreneur Solution
Hi All

We have customized the Sales Invoice form . So when we select the order (Customized lookup field) all the informations are copied from blanket Order to the current invoice form (replicated the existing Copy Docu Functionality). But the exchange rates are wrongly entered without checking the current invoice date . All the Amount (LCY) fields are posted with the wrong exchange rate. So i would like to correct all the wrong data with the exchange rate of current posting date . But when i correct the data in GL Entry i couldn't find out the proper link with other tables. So please help me out for the proper link between Sales Invoice Line and GL Entry to update the invoice related records in GL Entry.With out document no any other unque link is available ? or can we connect through any other tables like Cust.Ledger Entry ,Value Entry & Detailed Cust.Ledger Entry.

Thanks
Subha

Comments

• srinivas.chittemsrinivas.chittem Member Posts: 142
    Hi Subha,

How you are correcting the data with correct exchange rate?

Use the Adjust Exchange Rate function with the specified dates then system will adjust automatically.

Batch job is available in General Ledger->Periodic Activities->Currencies

Check it out this function and let us know if you require any more inputs
    Regards,
    srinivas
    "Delighting Customers.... Through Delivery Excellence" .
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Hi All

We have customized the Sales Invoice form . So when we select the order (Customized lookup field) all the informations are copied from blanket Order to the current invoice form (replicated the existing Copy Docu Functionality). But the exchange rates are wrongly entered without checking the current invoice date . All the Amount (LCY) fields are posted with the wrong exchange rate. So i would like to correct all the wrong data with the exchange rate of current posting date . But when i correct the data in GL Entry i couldn't find out the proper link with other tables. So please help me out for the proper link between Sales Invoice Line and GL Entry to update the invoice related records in GL Entry.With out document no any other unque link is available ? or can we connect through any other tables like Cust.Ledger Entry ,Value Entry & Detailed Cust.Ledger Entry.

Thanks
    Subha

Are you talking of NAV or Entrepreneur Solution?

Are you seriously planning to modify the posted entries with a developer license? [-X
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Subha,
    But the exchange rates are wrongly entered without checking the current invoice date . All the Amount (LCY) fields are posted with the wrong exchange rate. So i would like to correct all the wrong data with the exchange rate of current posting date . But when i correct the data in GL Entry i couldn't find out the proper link with other tables.

Interesting NAV that you have... normally, there is no currency information in the G/L entry. Only reporting currency. To the problem you described: modifying the amounts in posted entries is a no-go. :) IMO, two things need to be solved:

1. The copy from the blanket order function should make sure to take the correct exchange rate.
    2. A way must be found to correct the "wrong" postings. Part of it can be done with the "Adjust Exchange Rates" batch. This will correct the customer ledger entries and the account payable. For the income and VAT accounts you need to create a function (batch) that distributes the adjustment amount from the customer entry to these accounts via a general journal. Or you do it manually, it's a one-time correction.

with best regards

Jens
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Can't this be solved by using the old business logic of accounting?
    1. I made a woopsie and posted it
    2. I reverse the woopsie
    3. I post the correct transaction

Done.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|