WEBSHOP

armsttre1944armsttre1944 Member Posts: 2
edited 2011-06-21 in Navision e-Commerce
This has got to do with a very old version - Webshop. Our customers are currently unable to view their accounts via the web. I have been unable to resolve the problem because webshop is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please help!

Comments

• rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    I never used it when it was called webshop, but I understand commerce portal used the same technology.

With that the thing that normally breaks is the message queue link.
    • The NAS stops. It may have crashed or be in the process of doing a big synch so it doesn't respond to requests. Check the synch queue in Navision is it clear? Is it being cleared? Is the service running?
    • The message queue service itself may have stopped. (Std MS fix: restart, reboot, reinstall)
    • The messages may be getting stuck in the outgoing queue, if so check VPN links, routing etc.
    • The synch messages may be being queued on the webserver, possibly 3 R's for the little Navision service or check the webserver DB isn't broken in some way, say by a full disk. Though, if you've used Commerce server you're on your own; it was hate a first site with me.

Without more symptoms that's about all I can say off the top of my head.
  • JacksonTJacksonT Member Posts: 3
    Is there a webshop equivalent that one can upgrade to?I know I've heard of webshop but never used it. We are just now getting into building a e-commerce site.
    What type of fulfillment services does everyone use?
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    There is no current equivalent to webshop.

It was removed about version 4.0, that is completely removed from both the code and the license. If you upgrade a license to a later style Microsoft will REMOVE THE OBJECT NUMBERS from your license. The official reason for this drastic action was that the connection to the website is insecure; everybody knew this anyway and a reasonable NSC would provide a non-Microsoft facility to secure the link.

With Version 6 you are supposed to use web services to create similar interfaces, sometimes this is quite a bit better, sometimes a lot worse. There is nothing like the 'standard website' that you got with Webshop/Commerce Portal you have to build your own.