Disable Copy on List Forms

Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
edited 2012-07-30 in NAV Tips & Tricks
Hello,

I have had a few customers ask to disable the copy on list forms, and even after showing them how print screen, a cell phone camera, or even printing reports can give the users the information anyways.

Well it usually doesn't matter, they still want this feature to make it more difficult to do, a "Help keep the honest, honest." policy.

So I naturally turned to my favorite reference forum and searched for a solution.

I found one posted by apanko, =D> but thought it should be here under Tips & Tricks. :mrgreen: So here it is:

1. On form make a new Table Box (Table Box 2)
2. Properties : Xpos, Ypos, Width, Height, HorzGlue, VertGlue same as Original Table Box (Table Box 1)
3. Property "Visible" of Table Box 2 = No

Save and Compile and you are good.

The right click menu will still show a copy, but will not put anything to the clipboard as it copies the blank Table Box 2.
You can still filter, use find and select a record... just no copying.

Of course you now have the small hassle of moving the table box if you need to add fields later, but for two minutes of your time you may have made your customer a little happier.

Just remind them that a determined data thief will find a way... :shock:

Joe

Comments

• ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Another option is running the following command on OnTimer trigger. You have to be aware of performance impacts of this method.
    CREATE(WsShell);
    WsShell.Run('cmd.exe /c echo. >NUL  | clip',0,TRUE);
    CLEAR(WsShell);

Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft