Barcode Font problem

RobbieXRobbieX Member Posts: 66
edited 2008-10-22 in NAV Tips & Tricks
I have tried to find a solution for this on the forum without success.
My apologies in advance if I missed something.
My problem is, some clients show a barcode correctly and others show the code *123456*, for example, as if the font is being ignored.
I have installed the font Code39 on all clients.
Can anyone advise me why some clients show the barcode correctly and others do not.
In Word or Excel the font works fine.
Thanks.
Robbiex

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    there are two fonts code39 and code39x or something like that.
    Make sure you have only one font installed on that computer.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • RobbieXRobbieX Member Posts: 66
    Thanks Rashed, but I only have Code39 installed and not Code39X.
    Any other ideas?
    Robbiex
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check the local settings on the computers. It seems that they have different locales set. I found out that the font is not working on other languages than english (or better "not working on non-english" languages). E.g. for Czech I needed to modify the font to have mapping table for our language (code page).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • RobbieXRobbieX Member Posts: 66
    Thanks Kamil...you are right.
    I also found out that if I change my PC language settings to English US on both the Regional Options and Advanced tabs, then the barcode displays correctly.
    I wonder if there is a way to avoid having to change these settings.
    Most users here need to be able to type English and Chinese regularly.
    Robbiex
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Just download some freeware or shareware font editor and edit the font Mapping and header. It will need some experimenting, but you can try (I used e.g. FontCreator).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • flfl Member Posts: 184
    I had the same problem about 2 months ago. For that reason I downloaded FontCreator 5.6. Then you open the font, next you go to font settings, tabpage ranges and then you can edit/change the code pages character ranges. You can place a boolean in the required code page range, save the font and everything works fine. :)
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I had the same problem about 2 years before but I'm just too clueless to use a font editor so I used the barcode picture generator from here, the downloads section. Of course storing loads of BMP's wouldn't be a good idea but we had a Label Printing Worksheet table anyway where there is this data that print 20 of item 1 and 21 of item 2 and so on so I've imported the barcode pictures here, as these records are deleted frequently anyway (I had functions like "suggest current stock" and "suggest purchase receipt" and stuff like that which cleared the worksheet before creating new entries)
  • AlterantAlterant Member Posts: 19
    Hello.

Some time ago I faced with similar problem. I looked through the partner source and found an interesting article (874655). In that article they recommeneded to use fonts based on Symbol font script instead of Western. So I converted the script also with help of FontCreator. Now this font works fine. It should work fine on all locales.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Today I faced the same problem: barcode font was not visible, when report was printed using NAS.

I used FontCreator to setup multiple codepages, but had to reboot the server before changes took effect.

This topic should be moved to the Tips & Tricks forum.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision' forum to 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!