GDPDU Export - Solving DTD Problem with Export for IDEA

Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
edited 2008-07-02 in NAV Tips & Tricks
When exporting data with the German GDPdU Interface you may encounter problems that the system will have problems to create the index.xml.
The Reasons seems to be a problem with the filename of the needed DTD, which is originally provided as "GDPdU-01-08-2002.dtd".
After renaming the file to "gdpdu.dtd" everything worked.

The problem was encountered with Navision 3.70A German(I believe GDPdU is only concerning German users for auditing purposes)

Comments

• RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
    When I set "DTD Dateiname" in Options to "gdpdu" I get the mentioned error that the "DTD-Datei" doesn't exist. What can I do?

The code

IF ISCLEAR(FileSysObject) THEN BEGIN
    CREATE(FileSysObject);
    IF FileSysObject.FileExists(DTDPathFileName) THEN
    MESSAGE('%1 created!',DTDFileName)
    ELSE
    ERROR('%1 not created',DTDFileName);
    END;

will show an error.

FileSysObject is type Automation,
    'Microsoft Scripting Runtime'.FileSystemObject
    Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)
  • esbaesba Member Posts: 12
    i get the same error while creating the xml-file independent of which file name is entered. any idea where to look?
  • rthswrthsw Member Posts: 73
    Just copy the gdpdu.dtd (with this name!) to
    a) your Navision client Directory (e.g. C:\Programme\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\)
    b) to your base-exportdirectoy (e.g. d:\gdpdu\), and everything (expect the FileOverflow for the TempTable) will work.

for the overflow you will have to change the TmpTable to a real-table, or build a wrapper which will call the export only for very little time-areas (e.g. only Monthly export).