Object Manager Advanced v10.03 (trial till 15-11-2017)

167891012»

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    Object Manager Advanced v9.0.4 (trial till 15-11-2014)
    Over 800 Companies worldwide already have chosen for the Object Manager Advanced for their development, source control and deployment. The Object Manager Advanced is available from NAV version 3.70 up to 2015.

Dynamics NAV 2015

The Object Manager Advanced is available for Dynamics NAV 2015 as of mid-October. Although we don’t have a trial version for the RTC NAV versions, we can offer you a (online) demo session with one of our experienced consultants. Just send an e-mail to sales@idyn.nl, and we will plan the demo at a date and time that is convenient for you

The Object Manager Advanced – Save Money & Time

The Object Manager Advanced is the most comprehensive product for development and deployment for Dynamics NAV. The quality and continuity are recognized by Mibuso ("Best Download Award") as well as Microsoft ("Microsoft Innovation Award"). IDYN also became member of the prestigious "Microsoft President's Club". The Object Manager Advanced is the best tool for supporting your developers and consultants in Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step or any other methodology tools in place. Using the Object Manager Advanced will not only help you develop in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, it will also reduce time and costs when it comes to maintaining your solution and deploying it to your customer. The newest version of our award winning tool, is packed with new features as well as enhancements on existing functionality. The Object Manager Advanced let customers use the Role Tailored user interface to import new objects, actions, data and/or roles.

Develop
    The Object Manager Advanced reinvented the development environment in Dynamics NAV. Working in projects, with multiple developers at the same time in the same environment, streamlines the way developers and/or development teams deliver their solutions. Source Control and Version Control are built into you NAV environment. Powerful tools with functionality such as the ability to lock objects, renumber objects, fields and elements without hassle and the addition of a project module, will help lower time and costs with a higher quality of work. Whether you are working on a new add-on, upgrade existing solutions or if you're just making some customizations, the Object Manager Advanced will help you accomplish you goal faster against lowers costs and higher quality.

Analyze
    The power of the Object Manager Advanced is completely unveiled when you start analyzing your or other people's code. Errors and conflicts are easily found and fixed, and you won't even have to be familiar with the solution you're working on. Comparing different databases is easier than ever. The Where-Used functionality enables you to check where objects, fields, triggers, etc. are used. The Check Guidelines tool will not only check if the guidelines requirements are met, it even has the possibility to correct guidelines errors in C/AL code, whether you want to use the standard Microsoft guidelines or your own.

Deploy
    Deploying your solutions and updates to your customers can be a time consuming exercise. When using the Object Manager Advanced at customers, the days of endless checking, testing and comparing are gone. Combine all modifications in a transport and use the wizard to import them into your customer database. Using the highly improved and extended version of the Fob file, will allow you to send application settings, roles and documentation together with your objects. Your customers will have an much greater insight of the work and changes you've made. Deploying with Dynamics NAV never was this easy and reliable, resulting in more satisfied consultants and customers.

"Just started using Advanced Object Manager and it's absolutely amazing. I wish I knew about this product before. Congratulations this product is a MUST for any NAV developer."
    Emmanuel Talbot, Navision Development Supervisor, Department of Information Technology, Kitco Inc., USA

"The Object Manager tool increases my programming productivity enormously and helps me saving time. That makes Object Manager Advanced a wonderful Add-On, I wouldn't want to work without it anymore"
    Michael Peters, IT Department BOS FOOD, Düsseldorf, Germany

"If you see it, you want it – If you have it, you want to keep it"
    Timo Lässer, msdynamics.de, Germany

“This is the best development tool for Dynamics NAV available in the market. We are very happy with our choice and our development team loves to work with it.”
    Rebecca Yih, TrendMicro Taiwan

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=826

Discuss this download here.
    Object Manager Advanced v9.0.5 (trial till 15-03-2015)
    Over 800 Companies worldwide already have chosen for the Object Manager Advanced for their development, source control and deployment. The Object Manager Advanced is available from NAV version 3.70 up to 2015.

Dynamics NAV 2015

The Object Manager Advanced is available for Dynamics NAV 2015 as of mid-October. Although we don’t have a trial version for the RTC NAV versions, we can offer you a (online) demo session with one of our experienced consultants. Just send an e-mail to sales@idyn.nl, and we will plan the demo at a date and time that is convenient for you

The Object Manager Advanced is the most comprehensive product for development and deployment for Dynamics NAV. The quality and continuity are recognized by Mibuso ("Best Download Award") as well as Microsoft ("Microsoft Innovation Award"). IDYN also became member of the prestigious "Microsoft President's Club". The Object Manager Advanced is the best tool for supporting your developers and consultants in Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step or any other methodology tools in place. Using the Object Manager Advanced will not only help you develop in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, it will also reduce time and costs when it comes to maintaining your solution and deploying it to your customer. The newest version of our award winning tool, is packed with new features as well as enhancements on existing functionality. The Object Manager Advanced let customers use the Role Tailored user interface to import new objects, actions, data and/or roles.

Develop
    The Object Manager Advanced reinvented the development environment in Dynamics NAV. Working in projects, with multiple developers at the same time in the same environment, streamlines the way developers and/or development teams deliver their solutions. Source Control and Version Control are built into you NAV environment. Powerful tools with functionality such as the ability to lock objects, renumber objects, fields and elements without hassle and the addition of a project module, will help lower time and costs with a higher quality of work. Whether you are working on a new add-on, upgrade existing solutions or if you're just making some customizations, the Object Manager Advanced will help you accomplish you goal faster against lowers costs and higher quality.

Analyze
    The power of the Object Manager Advanced is completely unveiled when you start analyzing your or other people's code. Errors and conflicts are easily found and fixed, and you won't even have to be familiar with the solution you're working on. Comparing different databases is easier than ever. The Where-Used functionality enables you to check where objects, fields, triggers, etc. are used. The Check Guidelines tool will not only check if the guidelines requirements are met, it even has the possibility to correct guidelines errors in C/AL code, whether you want to use the standard Microsoft guidelines or your own.

Deploy
    Deploying your solutions and updates to your customers can be a time consuming exercise. When using the Object Manager Advanced at customers, the days of endless checking, testing and comparing are gone. Combine all modifications in a transport and use the wizard to import them into your customer database. Using the highly improved and extended version of the Fob file, will allow you to send application settings, roles and documentation together with your objects. Your customers will have an much greater insight of the work and changes you've made. Deploying with Dynamics NAV never was this easy and reliable, resulting in more satisfied consultants and customers.

"Just started using Advanced Object Manager and it's absolutely amazing. I wish I knew about this product before. Congratulations this product is a MUST for any NAV developer."
    Emmanuel Talbot, Navision Development Supervisor, Department of Information Technology, Kitco Inc., USA

"The Object Manager tool increases my programming productivity enormously and helps me saving time. That makes Object Manager Advanced a wonderful Add-On, I wouldn't want to work without it anymore"

“This is the best development tool for Dynamics NAV available in the market. We are very happy with our choice and our development team loves to work with it.”

• naffnaff Member Posts: 32
    Is there an option to save the CAL-code for every modification?
    So far i get an modification entry for every time i change some code and save my work. But when i check the code behind those modifications, it's the same for every of them since i last updated the CAL-History.
    It seems that the CAL-code (CAL-History) is only generated when i manually open the object explorer via the NAV client.

I just started to play around with object manager. Maybe i'm missing some setup. But the only thing i found was the option "Trace modification" which works fine (as far as described above).
  • reijermolenaarreijermolenaar Member Posts: 256
    Hi,

Sorry, I missed your post.

It depends what kind of tracing you are using.
    If you use "Integration Management" (which is recommended) you can enabled the setting "Save C/AL at Modification".
    If you use the "SQL Trigger" you will have to start the trace timer in NAV (this can be done in the "Object Explorer" or the "Start Tracing" form. This timer checks if there are new modifications added by SQL and processes them.

BR,
    Reijer
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
  • naffnaff Member Posts: 32
    Hi Reijer,

i didn't know that there are two types of tracing.
    I followed the manual which explains how to add the sql-triggers, which i did.
    Nevertheless the option "Save C/AL at modification" is enabled in Object Manager Setup.

Just checked the manual again and found nothing about "Integration Management". How can I use it?
    I am using Object Manager 9-04 although the manual is for 9-03. My NAV version is 2015.

Thank you for the support.

EDIT: In the object explorer i found the repository setup. Probably that is the "Integration Management"? I will look into this now.
    I thought you were trying this trial. In NAV2015 there is now Integration Management. The SQL Trigger is the only trace method.

If you leave a page open with the "Open Modifications" factbox like the "Object Explorer" or "C/AL History", and fill something in the "Process Modifications Interval" field in the setup, the C/AL history records will be created.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
  • AmedeoAmedeo Member Posts: 1
    Hi, i downloaded the file objectmanageradvanced905trial20150315.zip,
    but there are no fob files for NAV 2015 the most recent fob file is "OMA9.05 NAV2009 R2 trial till 2015-03-15.fob"

Is it possible to install this version in NAV 2015?
    Hi Amedeo,

The OMA is also available for Dynamics NAV 2015. Although we don’t have a trial version for the RTC NAV versions, we can offer you a (online) demo session with one of our consultants. Just send an e-mail to sales@idyn.nl, and we will plan the demo at a date and time that is convenient for you.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Object Manager Advanced v9.0.5 (trial till 15-05-2015)

Dynamics NAV 2015

Develop

Analyze

Deploy

• jhljhl Member Posts: 1
    In my company we are trying to test OMA with the free trial version. Since we are not a consultant company we don't have full developer license, but we have NAV developer granuls instead. But when we import the objects, the OMA menubar won't show. We are using NAV 2009 R2 Classic, and we have granul 7200 Application Builder and 7300 Solution Developer in our license.

Any suggestions?

EDIT
    On further investigation, it appears that we don't have license for the 90000-series of object numbers. So problem solved :-$
    Object Manager Advanced v9.0.6 (trial till 15-08-2015)

Dynamics NAV 2015

Develop

Analyze

Deploy

• martinhocosta88martinhocosta88 Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

I'm using OMA 9.02 and recently upgraded a DB to cumulative update 20 (2013r2). Since then I'm not able to assign modifications becaus the modifications list is empty even though I keep changinf objects.
    Updated all setup data for the new DB.

Thanks in advance
    Object Manager Advanced v9.0.6 (trial till 15-11-2015)

Dynamics NAV 2016

The Object Manager Advanced is available for Dynamics NAV 2016 as of mid-October. Although we don’t have a trial version for the RTC NAV versions, we can offer you a (online) demo session with one of our experienced consultants. Just send an e-mail to sales@idyn.nl, and we will plan the demo at a date and time that is convenient for you

Develop

Analyze

Deploy

• dibyanugrahadibyanugraha Member Posts: 1
    Hey, thanks for excellent addin. i would help a lot.

I see you forget to add *.fob file(s) for Dynamics NAV 2013, 2013 R2, 2015, and 2016 in the latest Object Manager Advanced v9.0.6 package. Please kinda post the missing files.

Regards.
    Hi,

We don't have trial fob's for the newer NAV versions.
    If you want a demo you can send an email to sales@idyn.nl.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
  • UNOPARATORUNOPARATOR Member Posts: 7
    Hello,

I started fiddling around with the latest trial and it seems that it is not compatible with PCs with Turkish regional settings.
    After initializing the setup, I opened Object Explorer to Update C/AL History and the default path gave me an error.
    The problem is a very common programming mistake for any programming language: you are converting the paths (Compare Path) to upper case. In Turkish alphabet there are 2 "i" letters ("ı" & "i"), one without the dot on top, and another without the dot on top. So UPPER works like this: "ı" --> "I" & "i" --> "İ" and that is the problem (in case the font of the forum doesn't support Turkish characters, here is a detailed explanation: http://www.moserware.com/2008/02/does-your-code-pass-turkey-test.html check number 3). In .NET this can be easily solved by using .ToUpperInvariant() instead of .ToUpper().
    As far as I know, there is no ToUpperInvariant equivalent in C/AL.

So I changed the default path to something simple as "D:\OMA" to be able to continue with fiddling around.
    But I don't know if there will be any show stoppers in other parts as well.
    I hope you will come up with a fix for that.

Best regards.
    Hello,

I search for the command UPPERCASE in OMA but can't find any line of code where a path is converted.
    Are you sure that OMA is causing this problem?

If you don't specify a "Compare Directory" in the setup, the command TEMPORARYPATH of NAV is used. Maybe that command is returning an invalid path?
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
  • UNOPARATORUNOPARATOR Member Posts: 7
    edited 2016-02-02
    Since I don't see the sourcecode I'm just guessing.
    You may be putting the path in a CODE variable which makes it uppercase automatically.
    As I said in my previous post, the default path (C:\Users\mibuso) didn't work for me since it is being tried to be used as (C:\USERS\MİBUSO). I've set the Compare Path manually to be something simpler (like "D:\OMA") and the error was gone.
    But I noticed the same error when I use the Lookup on folder/path selections which opens up Form 91849. I get errors for Recycle Bin, Program Files etc. anything that has a lowercase "i" in this name.
    There might be other places in your code that might be showing the same symptoms.
    I hope this post may help you address this issue.
  • Rikt-ItRikt-It Member Posts: 37
    Hi jonwlong

I also got the same error...

General Settings: Ok
    File Settings: Ok
    Database Settings: Ok
    Object Management Settings: Failed

Error: Command Line Failure:
    No result file.\\Possible reasons:\1. Wrong "Working Directory"\2. The license is about to expire.
    Version: Advanced 9.05
    Call Stack:

"OM - Object Management"(CodeUnit 11102046).ExecuteCommand line 55
    "OM - Object Management"(CodeUnit 11102046).ImportObject line 15
    "OM - Check Settings"(CodeUnit 11102064).TestObjectManagementSettings line 33
    "OM - Check Settings"(CodeUnit 1110206....

I had made a bad selection in the setting for finsql.exe.... :(

79l447ss8jtn.jpg
    Regards
    Christer in Stockholm, Sweden
  • rainergaissrainergaiss Member Posts: 43
    I would like to test Object Manager Advanced for the first time. Is there a download version that is a trial till later than 01-05-16 ?
    Hi Rainer,

We will upload a new trial this week.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    edited 2016-04-05
    Object Manager Advanced v10 (trial till 1-06-2016)
    Over 1000 Companies worldwide already have chosen for the Object Manager Advanced for their development, source control and deployment. The Object Manager Advanced is available from NAV version 3.70 up to 2015.

http://mibuso.com/downloads/object-manager-advanced

Object Manager Advanced v10.02 (trial till 1-09-2016)
    Over 1000 Companies worldwide already have chosen for the Object Manager Advanced for their development, source control and deployment. The Object Manager Advanced is available from NAV version 3.70 up to 2015.

• cvdmoorencvdmooren Member Posts: 10
    Hi Rainer,

We will upload a new trial this week.

Hello Reijer,

Would it be possible to upload a new trail that works after 1 sept.?

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
    Charl van der Mooren
    Hi Charl,

We don't have planned a new trial soon.
    We can arrange a demo if you're interested.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Object Manager Advanced v10.03 (trial till 15-01-2017)

Object Manager Advanced v10.03 (trial till 15-11-2017)
    Over 1000 Companies worldwide already have chosen for the Object Manager Advanced for their development, source control and deployment. The Object Manager Advanced is available from NAV version 3.70 up to 2017.

https://mibuso.com/downloads/object-manager-advanced