Barcode generator v2

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
  • te6te6 Member Posts: 89
    Hi savatage,

Thanks for the Reply, I made a mistake in coding. that Error was cleared.

I have one doubt. Image is creating as .bmp.. In that can we show the Number itself. Is there any option like that..

And anther Doubt regarding scanning. As said in this download section, I used the picture control to show the generated BMP. Is there any specify that , the size of control should be like this.. Becoz our client needs a report to show the Barcode very small one . if the picture control size is dereased , is there any problem in scanning the barcode..
    Hi all,

Using this downlaod, I generated barcode. I am generating a bitmap of type code39.
    But , the report is not scanned at our client place. I am not getting where I went wrong . Is there anything I should do other than the coding which was given in the discussions..

I added code like this
    txtCmd :=
    'c:\barcode\Navibar.exe ' + // Programm
    "*"+"No."+"*" +'{' + // code to generate
    '15'+'{' + // barcodetype
    '100'+'{' + // width in pixel
    '60'+'{' + // high in pixel
    'c:\barcode\temp.bmp' + // destination for the .bmp-file
    '{false';

I kept "*", Before and after the No. , because I am using Code39. I think I did right. But the report is not scanning. PLease seggest me where I went wrong
    the barcode generator is creating the barcode for you as a bitmap so I do not think the *'s are necessary.

Use use the *'s around a field for 3of9 if you're just using the 3of9 font!
    Add a text box to your report & change the sourceexp adding the *'s around it - then change the font to a 3of9 type font (exact spelling of the font is crucial)
    See sample pic. (note it's just a good job of cutting & pasting - your properties will not be in this order)

Here are some goodies
    http://savatage99.googlepages.com/BarcodeFonts.zip

Note: this also means you need to install these font's on every computer that might be generating this report.
    And make sure the scanner is programmed to read the font type (3of9 is basic so most probably do right off the bat)

Happy Barcoding!
  • Richard_HauserRichard_Hauser Member Posts: 0
    Does anyone know how to get the "Enterprise" version of this software?
    I tried to contact the author, but the email bounced.
    I need to print SSCC-18 labels in Navision.

Richard Hauser
    Hi Harry Ruiz,

Thanks for u r reply,

As u said , I uesd the textBox in the reoprt and changed the font Name and also sourceExpr.
    But , when I run the Report, the textbox is displaying the Barcode font as a Picture Box.

IF we use Exact font name, then no need of showing the Bitmap image in the Picture Box, Because, the textbox is displaying as Picture box..

In the Image, the Bigger one is Picture Box and the smaller one is text Box. Now can I remove the Picture Box ..Am i right....
    I don't know what your talking about - what i was trying to say is that you can use one or the other method.
    Especially with when using 3of9.

Either use the font with the *'s or use the genertator - which everone you like.

With the font use a tablebox type and the generator one for a picture.
    Hi Harry Ruiz,

Thanks for your response. Based on your earlier reply, I followed each and every step as you Instructed. By changing the Font Name and adding the *'s Before and after the source Exprn. But, the result at negative place is negative. The Bar code is not scanned. I used code 39 font to generate the font.

Our client is using Scanner of Type:: PSC HS 2300 &
    Printer Name is Data MAx to generate the Barcode. Using another Accounting Package , if the Bar code generated means , it is getting scanned at our client place . But, when coming to NAv , it is not. In the Printer Font , I observed one thing, that Code 39 (with full ASCII). Is there any Difference Between Code 39 & Code 39 (with full ASCII)

Please any body suggest me.
    te6 wrote:
    But, the result at negative place is negative.

I don't know what this means.

Well the *'s work fine for everyone i've seen use it.
    Are you using it on a decimal or something?
    Post your sourceexp with the *'s used.
    3of9 is great for code & text type fields.

Does the report show the Barcode?
    Have you played with different sizes of the barcoded textbox?
    Have you "trained" your scanner to read 3of9 - has it ever read 3of9?

it should look something like this
    '*' + "Sales Header"."No." + '*'

PS - this post is about Barcode generator - so perhaps if you're going to use something different - it should be a new post.
    a few posts above I see a picture of a barcode - so did it work?
  • gulamdastagirgulamdastagir Member Posts: 411
    How about if i dont want to import any bitmaps into the database using: Picture.IMPORT('c:\temp\bild.bmp');What if i want to send those bitmaps directly to a label pritner without using a NAV report?

is there any other way?
    Regards,

GD
    if you're not using a MODIFY then the bitmaps are not saved in the database they are just displaying
  • fazermanfazerman Member Posts: 0
    I´m using teh barcode generatos for some expedition labels. To be more specific for some barcodes using code 25 interleaved. I have a problem with the bar code size.
    I know that this kind of bar code is very specific and there has to be a ratio between the width and the height. But somehow I can´t print the width and height the expedition company asks me to print.

As I said before, I must use code 25 interleaved on the code below, you see the dimensions I´m using

varRutaBmp := 'C:\navibar\temp\codeAzk_'+USERID+'.bmp';
    codificar(txtCodBarras,'07','430','130',varRutaBmp,recCode25_1);

as a result this label gives me a bmp with the barcode dimensións:10,5 cms width and 2,7 cms heigth, if I change the parameters to something smaller, the result it is always the same. Regardless of the with parameter I choose , I get 5,5 cms width

With the code before changed to

varRutaBmp := 'C:\navibar\temp\codeAzk_'+USERID+'.bmp';
    codificar(txtCodBarras,'07','429','130',varRutaBmp,recCode25_1);

I get 5,5 cm width

As you can see I´d reduced the pixel size to 429 instead 430. But I don’t get the desired size.

The desired size that the expedition company is asking for is 8,5x3 cms

I tried different width/height combinatios, but I don´t get the desired size.

I need to know if it is possible to get this size.

Thanks
  • DiddenDidden Member Posts: 8
    Savatage wrote:
    4)change the SourceExp of your Invoice# field to something like
    '*' + "Sales Invoice Header"."No." + '*'

note the *'s are needed on barcode3of9

Thank You Savatage, this did help me in a bit with my problem.

We went from Win2000Server to a Win2003Server for Terminalserver use, and I couldn't get the report to print the image in a good way.
    On the old terminalserver it went just great, but with 2003 and same printer and drivers it went sour.
    I use a Code 128 barcode to print.

I now have the right with in which the barcode is printed, but it prints the wrong barcode.
    Can't figure out what is wrong, any one an idea?
    I'm sorry to say that the solution didn't work.
    I've been playing around a bit and found out that a user on the new Win2k3 server can run the report with the code, but the users gets the message that the path is not right, and its true the *.bmp has not been created.
    If I do this on our old W2k server, its no problem, the file is created, by the same user in the same directory.
    The user belongs to a group which has all rights to the directory in which the file is created.
    If there is a file allready, it simply uses that one, but its with the wrond code.

Does any one have a clue on how to fix this?
    I would like to discontinue the old Terminalserver, but I can't until the new one prints the reports with the barcode.

I use the following code:
    IF Verkoopkop."Nr." <> '' THEN BEGIN
    Barcode := Verkoopkop."Nr.";
    ok:= SHELL(STRSUBSTNO('%1%2%3%4%5%6',
        'C:\Navbar\Navibar.exe',   // Programm
        ' ' + Barcode+'{',                 // code to generate
        '14'+'{',                               // barcodetype
        '240'+'{',                              // width in pixel
        '80'+'{',                               // high in pixel
        'C:\Navbar\bild.bmp'));                   // destination for the .bmp-file

Afbeelding.IMPORT('C:\Navbar\bild.bmp');
    MODIFY;
    END;

Thank you Savatage for you help.

I've looked at fonts before, but this is much easier to use without difficult calculations and such.

Just take the ordernumber from the salesheader and print it on the report.
    And I can't help to find it strange that it works fine with XP and W2k Users but fails to create a simple .bmp file in W2k3.

The second option is also a calculation with a checksum.
    With the Barcode Generator it just prints what you say it must, which is much easier, and easier to change if you need another type of barcode.
    Didden wrote:
    Thank you Savatage for you help.

I've looked at fonts before, but this is much easier to use without difficult calculations and such.

Just take the ordernumber from the salesheader and print it on the report.
    And I can't help to find it strange that it works fine with XP and W2k Users but fails to create a simple .bmp file in W2k3.

The second option is also a calculation with a checksum.
    With the Barcode Generator it just prints what you say it must, which is much easier, and easier to change if you need another type of barcode.

We don't use W2k3 so I can't help you test this - but there must be a simple reason, the problem is just finding it.
  • paullynchpaullynch Member Posts: 27
    We had been using this tool to re-print simple inventory barcode labels in UPC-A format and it was working fine.

We then moved from SQL2000 to SQL2005 and upgraded the Nav clients (not the DB) to v5. Since then this report has not worked.

after getting the warning about running the executable for the first time, then hitting OK, I get this message :

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    The file name "c:\Navibar.exe 617075400200{05{120{60{c:\temp\bild.bmp" contains a character that may not be used.

Please check the file name. You can find additional information on file names in the documentation for your operating system.

OK

anyone have any ideas - I'd really like to get this working again.

Many thanks

Paul
    paullynch wrote:
    The file name "c:\Navibar.exe 617075400200{05{120{60{c:\temp\bild.bmp"

What's your code that builds that string? Pehaps it's missing something like a comma or quote somewhere?

We Use
    OnAfterGetRecord()
    IF Item."Item UPC/EAN Number" <> '' THEN BEGIN
    CreateBarcode:= SHELL(STRSUBSTNO('%1%2%3%4%5%6',
        'i:\navision attain\Navibar.exe',       // Program location
        ' ' + Item."Item UPC/EAN Number"+'{',   // code to generate from Nav
        '05'+'{',                               // barcode type "code" you want
        '120'+'{',                             // width in pixel
        '50'+'{',                               // high in pixel
        'c:\temp\barcode.bmp'));      // destination for the .bmp-file

Picture.IMPORT('c:\temp\barcode.bmp');
    END;

hi

our code is as follows :
    IF Item."Bar Code" <> '' THEN BEGIN
    ok:= SHELL(STRSUBSTNO('%1%2%3%4%5%6',
        'c:\Navibar.exe',                       // Programm
        ' ' + Item."Bar Code"+'{',              // code to generate
        '05'+'{',                               // barcodetype
        '120'+'{',                              // width in pixel
        '60'+'{',                               // high in pixel
        'c:\temp\bild.bmp'));                   // destination for the .bmp-file

Picture.IMPORT('c:\temp\bild.bmp');
    END;

thanks
    Also, if it helps :

If I put the string my code generates (the same one from the error the message) into a run command - i.e. "c:\Navibar.exe 617075962104{05{120{60{c:\temp\bild.bmp"

the program runs without error, and creates the bmp for the correct barcode

it just will not run from the nav report and comes up with that error about the invalid character in the file

hmm.....
    perhaps the STRSUBSTNO helps smooth things out for the system :mrgreen:
    resolved - it needed to be split into two parts - the executable and the command string delimeted with a comma - found the answer in a previous post. thanks
  • zoranpzoranp Member Posts: 3
    dcrnkov wrote:
    :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Contains commercial component ActiveBarcode 4.0 (http://www.activebarcode.com). Obviously, the component is unlicensed.

Beside that, program occasionally generates wrong barcode.
    For instance for text AAA-00001 program generates unreadable CODE128B barcode.

Hi,

I have two questions considering this useful tool:
    1. Do I have to buy ActiveBarcode in order to use this Barcode Generator?
    2. I'm trying to use this tool to generate Code 128a. I generated the code (see attachment) for a string DOB-0900012735 and the scanner reads this as DOB'0900012735. So how can I get - (minus sign)?

Thanks for help.

Zoran
  • lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    ---------------------------
    Error
    Wrong version of run-time DLL
    OK   

I'm using this on Windows Vista, Nav 2009 SP1.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    zoranp wrote:
    2. I'm trying to use this tool to generate Code 128a. I generated the code (see attachment) for a string DOB-0900012735 and the scanner reads this as DOB'0900012735. So how can I get - (minus sign)?
    I think you have to reprogram your scanner, to interprete the "-" sign correctly. Or do a search & replace in your NAV field, when this barcode is entered/scanned into the database.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    lyot wrote:
    Error
    Wrong version of run-time DLL
    OK   

I'm using this on Windows Vista, Nav 2009 SP1.

Nevermind....
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185992
  • raver2046raver2046 Member Posts: 10
    in the same way you can use Zint , it's free !

http://www.zint.org.uk/zintSite/Manual.aspx?page=3
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    raver2046 wrote:
    in the same way you can use Zint , it's free !

http://www.zint.org.uk/zintSite/Manual.aspx?page=3
    Link is not working :?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • anilswamianilswami Member Posts: 21
    Can anyone know how the error in nav 2009 while using barcode generator how can be resolved.I am getting bellow error:

'you cannot use the file C:\WINDOWS\Temp\bild.bmp beacuse it is already in use'

I am using the following code :

ltxtParam := 'D:\Navibar.exe '+"Shelf Label"."Barcode No." +'{'+
    '01' +'{'+
    '120'+'{'+
    '60'+'{'+
    'C:\WINDOWS\Temp\Bild.bmp';

"Shelf Label".Picture.IMPORT('C:\WINDOWS\Temp\bild.bmp');//C:\WINDOWS\Temp //'c:\temp\bild.bmp'

CREATE(lautWSHOM);
    lautWSHOM.Run(ltxtParam);

CLEAR(lautWSHOM);
This discussion has been closed.