• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • pawanppawanp Member Posts: 90
    Yeah \:D/
  • stone1541stone1541 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Waldo,

I have a problem with the fob WaldoNavPad 3.1. I think this is fob version NAV 2009 and it is therefore impossible to run in earlier versions.

Would it be possible to have a fob version 5.0

thank you very much in advance.

Stone
    Hi Stone,

Aren't you able to import the txt file either? You should (may be with a few modifiations) be able to at least import that one, no?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
    How extensive is the code for this? I know how to do imports on fob files and I'd like to do this in house. Does it have to go thru our partner?
  • PyroniusPyronius Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

My apologies if this question doesn't belong in the thread, but in regards to installing this type of modification, is there more involved than simply running the Setup file on your computer and importing the fob into your database?

I'm not an application developer, so I am unsure what to do with the VB files and such that come in the install package.

I've loaded the fob into my test database, and ran the Setup files, but it just creates a folder with a DLL and tlb file.

Thanks!
  • pitt95pitt95 Member Posts: 8
    Hello,
    I tried to apply WaldoNavPad in a customized Codeunit in NAV 2013, but it showed the following message.
    " You cannot create an Automation object "WaldoNavPad" on Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server. You must create it on a client computer. "
    How to fix this issue?
    Thanks.
  • infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
    Hi,

Just came across this tool. I have a query regarding if the following is possible.

1) User enters the data using this tool with spaces, paragraphs etc.
    2) This will be used for the e-mail body. Will I be able to attach this in the e-mail body (using the same format) using the standard SMTP functionality?

Basically I will use the Waldo NotePad for the text of an e-mail message.

Thanks in advance.
  • shogan@mila.ieshogan@mila.ie Member Posts: 113
    Terrific utility!

Any chance of a search function?

We use WaldoNAVPad for two subforms from a main (list) form, and I would like to be able to implement a search function that can look up the main list form and the two subforms, and highlight the record(s) in the main form from the text found in the subforms.

Is this possible?

:)

All in all, stunning product!
  • NokioNokio Member Posts: 52
    Hi Waldo,
    do you plan to make an update for NAV 2013?

Regards
    Nokio
    Nokio wrote:
    Hi Waldo,
    do you plan to make an update for NAV 2013?

Regards
    Nokio

My plans were indeed making ik NAV2013 ready .. only thing is that I have to find the time .. .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    Quick Question - I installed waldo pad on my local machine and it worked like a charm. Then I installed it on the server that will be hosting NAV and it worked. I could use it for setup email templates.

However, when some users try to create an email template, it says the "WaldoPad needs to be registered."

While installing it, I made sure that everyone can access it. Any idea why its working for some users and not for other. And how can I fix it.
    I have no clue, sorry. At least not with this information..

It has to be installed on all clients where you want to use the WaldoNavPad, that's all that I can give you for now..

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • shogan@mila.ieshogan@mila.ie Member Posts: 113
    On the systems that are reporting that registered message, have you tried reinstalling WaldoPad but with "Run as Administrator"?

Sounds to me that the .dll is not being registered properly.

May need to remove then re-install.
    So I need to install it on all the computers and the server.

I thought since they will be using RDP to run NAV, I only need to install it on the server.

I uninstalled it and installed it again with 'Run As Administrator' and made sure everyone can access it and restarted the server...its still giving me the same message.

Its only for some users that are having this problem. Thats the strange part. Could it be some permission issue? I can open up the page and everything...its only when I try to click on the 3 dots in email template field, system gives me the error message.
    Question: - I was able to get it working in classic. However, when I try it in RTC for the same company, it gives me the same message, "The Waldopad is not registed."

Any idea why???
  • madsmorremadsmorre Member Posts: 40
    Hi Eric

We use Your Waldo NavPad 3.1 (on NAV 2009 r2 - Classic) a lot when generating Product descriptions and sales descriptions on our products. Thx a lot for this.

Question:
    We send many texts out of the house for translation into other languages. This is however involving a lot of manual Work and is unfortunately with a lot of errors as every textline cannot exceed 50 characters in the comments table.
    Would it be possible to export the texts into rtf-files via NavPad (via codeunit/report)? By running through all my products and generate one file for each product (can have many comment lines).
    My NeXT question would be if it would be possible import the translated rft-files (Again one file pr. product) via NavPad :)

Thanks Again,
    Regards
    Mads Morre
  • Mark87Mark87 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Waldo,
    have you an Idea or a new Version to run Waldo NAV Pad on NAV 2016 with 64 Bit? I got Error Message on NAV 2016 with 64 Bit Client to run the setup.exe but its already installed.
    On NAV 2015 works NAV Pad fine.
    Thanks.
    Just FYI:
    I'm working on a new version, which is still work in progress:

https://github.com/waldo1001/Waldo.NAV

Trying to preserve as much functionality as there was, but without a DLL this time.. . Should work on all clients.

Again: work in progress. If it's not fast enough, just fork and contribute ;-)

(the bits that are on there, is already quite workable, though .. but lots needs to be finetuned, expanded .. lots of ideas ;-))

Versions will be posted in the download-section of MiBuSo (of course;-)).

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Im using the Notepad version http://forum.mibuso.com/discussion/22058/nav-integration-to-notepad which is coded a bit strange but the idea in there is great. You only transfer a recordref to a function and that's all. Maybe you can use some of his ideas?
    WaldoNAVPad was created to be hooked into your functionality, storing data in your tables. On top of that- storing the text in tables means: splitting the text somewhat intelligently.. .

I have come back from "storing in your own tables" and created a universal way to store the text, both as blob and text, so you have a choice, and the navpad can be extended with an simple RichTextBox addin later (will look into that) to be able to save text markup.. .

In any way: in this "waldonavpad", there is an ability to call a oneliner (RecRef, Rec or RecordID): look at the provided sample in the Customer List.

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    Sorry, in WaldoNavPad_DEMO.txt there is no recordref. Did I download the wrong file?
    I have modified a download on mibuso which only needs 1 codeunit and you can edit comments or a blob: http://forum.mibuso.com/discussion/22058/nav-integration-to-notepad/p1#latest
    Thanks for feedback. I have fixed 2 bugs and added a simple example:

How to edit comment lines in Comments form 124?
    > Create button
    > In push event
    > Create variable "Notepad" to this codeunit
    > Add code:
    Notepad.EditCommentLines(Rec);

Download is now available (version 2.1)
  • Guybrush_ThreepwoodGuybrush_Threepwood Member Posts: 28
    @ Waldo:

I visited your github repository and imported the NAVPAD Objects into my NAV 2016 Database. When i try to compile Page 50010 "Test Text Editor" i got an error concerning "Waldo TinyMCE Control for NAV".

Is there a manual or blogpost that describes the installation of the new NavPad-Version?
  • dgroenkjaerdgroenkjaer Member Posts: 5
    edited 2016-11-29
    @Guybrush_Threepwood Did you find a solution for your problem? Because I'm sitting with the same issue now. @Waldo Or can you help me in the right direction? I get "Could not load type 'Waldo.NAV.TinyMCEControl;PublicKeyToken=0693cb47ed6631b6'.", and I can't see what I am missing.

It's a NAV 2016 I'm working in.

Update: I needed to change the reference of the Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Extensibility.dll to the 2016 version.
  • fve1fve1 Member Posts: 6
    edited 2017-02-15
    @dgroenkjaer @Waldo :neutral:

I face the same problem.
    I installed the dll in the add-in map.
    I added the publickey in Table 2000000069 (Add-in).

Then, when I try to compile the page with the Control Addin on it, I get "Could not load type 'Waldo.NAV.TinyMCEControl;PublicKeyToken=0693cb47ed6631b6'."

I am using NAV2016 build 46290.

There is an update in the previous response:
    Update: I needed to change the reference of the Microsoft.Dynamics.Framework.UI.Extensibility.dll to the 2016 version.

How can I do this?
  • MicallMicall Member Posts: 2
    Hello Waldo,

Just a quick note to say we ran into a small problem you may or may not be aware of.

We upgraded to NAV2017 on our internal system. After doing this we started getting problems with NAVPAD 3.0. It wouldn't start.

My colleague found the problem.

I was using the 64 bit client "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe" .

NAVPad 3.0 requires

"Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.x86.exe"
  • thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    Hi Micall,

I think I am using an older Version of the NavPad (1.x or so).
    But anyway here is how I made the thing work for me on NAV 2017 (Windows Client 64 bit).
    I copied the dll to the AddIn folder.
    In CAL I replaced the Automation variable with a DotNet variable.
    And it works like a charm.
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer