EAN 8/13 Code 39/128 Barcode Creator v1.5

Comments

• PomaroliPomaroli Member Posts: 37
    Hello i have 2 questions concerning this great tool

1. i have to generate 3 Barcodes in the same report with different information's, ist it possible to have the same height for all barcodes ? (variable length depending on stored information)

2. the process is very slow to generate the 3 barcodes it takes 1 minute, can i tune up something?

thanks
  • iqbalmadiqbalmad Member Posts: 179
    hi,

i used the barcode creator to create EAN 13 bar code..
    But when i want to print it on a printer (Intermec Easy Coder C4), it prints lots of unreadable characters.
    if i print the same thing on an A4 page on a normal printer, it prints well.

any idea why i am getting this problem?

thanks in advance
  • MarcosMarcos Member Posts: 55
    Firstly thank you for the solution.

I would like to ask a question concerning this solution.

I am trying to generate and print GS1 Code 128 C1 barcodes including application indentifiers. Is your solution cappable of creating these kind of barcodes? When i did a quick test on our system I coudnt generate the right barcodes. All I got is a C0 plain barcode, witch unfortunatly is not enough.
  • mschneidermschneider Member Posts: 14
    chrisxx83 wrote:
    ---

Other question: I can influence the size with the PintSize value, but for some reports I'm looking for a smaller version. Is this possible?

Did You or anyone find solution for that?
    :whistle: use the RTC Layout.
  • chrisxx83chrisxx83 Member Posts: 54
    mschneider wrote:
    chrisxx83 wrote:
    ---

Other question: I can influence the size with the PintSize value, but for some reports I'm looking for a smaller version. Is this possible?

Did You or anyone find solution for that?
    :whistle: use the RTC Layout.

Client with NAV 5 so I can't use RTC...
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    I had some problems with chr translation (255d was written as 121d and barcode was black&grey). Replacing chr variable to byte solved problem.
    poutBmpHeader.WRITE(0, 4); //NO. OF COLORS IN PALETTE
    poutBmpHeader.WRITE(0, 4); //IMPORTANT COLORS

CreateBarcodeDetail(pintLines : Integer;pintBars : Integer;pintSize : Integer;pblnVertical : Boolean;VAR poutBmpHeader : OutStream)
    IF pblnVertical THEN BEGIN
      FOR lintBarLoop := 1 TO (bxtBarcodeBinary.LENGTH) DO BEGIN

FOR lintLineLoop := 1 TO (pintLines * pintSize) DO BEGIN
          bxtBarcodeBinary.GETSUBTEXT(ltxtByte,lintBarLoop,1);

IF ltxtByte = '1' THEN
            lbyte := 0    //use lbyte instead lchar; variable is in use only in this procedure 
          ELSE
            lbyte := 255;

• vissers9vissers9 Member Posts: 21
    Hi all,

I have used the code and it works quite easy. I get the barcode on my report.
    Byt looking at the barcode already in the preview, the quality is not great, it is gray instead of white.
    Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

I have added the barcode.
    The top one is the one from the tool which has grey instead of white.
    The other is from a free3of9. If possible I want to run it from the tool. otherwise I need to install font on all our servers...

Thanks, Rob
  • MalajloMalajlo Member Posts: 294
    You did read my post just one before yours?
    No I didn't, my bad. :oops:
    I will try right now.
    Thanks Malajlo, works like a charm.
  • edvspohredvspohr Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

this Tool is perfect. I have one little issue with the Barcodes in the Report. The Background from the Barcode is gray.
    Is there a way that a get a White Background ?

Many Thank's
    Frank
    Hi Frank,

I had the same question yesterday :-)
    Please use the post of Malajlo just above mine, then it works perfectly.

Rob
    edvspohr wrote:
    Hi,

this Tool is perfect. I have one little issue with the Barcodes in the Report. The Background from the Barcode is gray.
    Is there a way that a get a White Background ?

Many Thank's
    Frank
  • jtschemejtscheme Member Posts: 1
    This Code really helped me out - great work thanks!

Worked on NAV2013 with the Byte Fix mentioned above.

Anyone got enough spare time and want's to try 2D Codes? [-o<
    Hi all,

We have upgraded to NAV2013R2 and the gray background is back.
    I checked my code and this is still as it was, with the Byte change in it.

Do any of you have experienced the same?
    And, more important, do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks,

Rob
  • delaghettodelaghetto Member Posts: 89
    vissers9 wrote:
    We have upgraded to NAV2013R2 and the gray background is back.

We have the same problem. Trying to use this codeunit in NAV 2013R2 we get gray background. Where you able to fix it?
    Hi delaghetto,

No we haven't fixed it.
    Our scanners are reading the barcode, so that's OK, it just doesn't look nice.

If someone has a solution or an idea, it would be great, I will adjust/test it.

Rob
  • delaghettodelaghetto Member Posts: 89
    I've played around a bit with the CodeUnit BarCodeMgt. There is a function called "CreateBarCodeDetail"

In this function, there is a variable called lchar, that's set to 0 (black) or 255(white)

So far, the best result for me has been to change
    lchar := 255

to
    lchar := 253

This line of code is a few times in the function, so make sure to change all of them.
  • mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    Anyone using this in a production environment NAV 2013 .. ? or have a link to what you are using?
  • robert001robert001 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone using this in a production environment NAV 2013 .. ? or have a link to what you are using?
    All you need to do is call the EncodeCode128 function EncodeCode128('test string',4,false,tempBlob) then you can use tempBlob.Blob in a Image component in the report layout.
    One interesting issue I found though is if you have a comma in the string, then the EncodeCode128 breaks.
  • jeffreypoenjeffreypoen Member Posts: 1
    =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D>

After spending hours on Font-based barcodes function, struggling with the start/stop codes keeps failing, unreadable characters etc, we tried you solution, within 30min working!!!
    Thanks for this solution, even in NAV2013R2 it is the most easiest solution.
  • mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D>

After spending hours on Font-based barcodes function, struggling with the start/stop codes keeps failing, unreadable characters etc, we tried you solution, within 30min working!!!
    Thanks for this solution, even in NAV2013R2 it is the most easiest solution.

Nice, please keep us posted for any problems you find?
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
    Hi
    I am using this on a NAV 2009 R2 classic installation. Created a report with a PictureBox and assigned code from blob to it.
    It is a kind of label printing and our users are printing in 1000s.
    But, every now and then, the all printers stop printing after 200 or 300 labels. The printer supplier used their software to design and print a label. It works ok.

Has anyone here ever experienced such issues here?
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • danielbouwmeesterdanielbouwmeester Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for the wonderful barcode creator. I have a question: I have a rather long number, which I want to transcode into Code39 and print on a label. But the width of the barcode is too big. I've noticed that the size of the barcode is controlled by the parameter PintSize, but by default this is '1' and this is even too big.. Is it possible to make the barcode smaller?! Thanks in advance for the reply.
    "Make it idiot-proof and someone will invent a better idiot..."
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
    slmaluwa wrote:
    Hi
    I am using this on a NAV 2009 R2 classic installation. Created a report with a PictureBox and assigned code from blob to it.
    It is a kind of label printing and our users are printing in 1000s.
    But, every now and then, the all printers stop printing after 200 or 300 labels. The printer supplier used their software to design and print a label. It works ok.

Has anyone here ever experienced such issues here?

FYI,
    The printers are TSC 244 Pro
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • cafeinecafeine Member Posts: 11
    This code works perfectly! and with the change from char to byte the barcode is good looking and perfectly scannable!

Thanks for your efforts!
  • bonus999bonus999 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, we have been using this great barcode creator for a few years on 2009 without issue - thank you. We just upgraded to 2015 and have the grey background issue and looking at the posts before, changing to lbyte and trying 253 instead of 255 gets an almost there solution which scans.

However, as it was previously mentioned, it does not look great and i didn't know if there has been a better solution since the last posting.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks
  • LCostaLCosta Member Posts: 33
    Hi there,

Thank you very much for posting this download.

If you guys are getting gray background on the barcode, just add "TextEncoding.WINDOWS" on the CREATEOUTSTREAM and it will change to white again. ex: MyTable.MyBLOBfield.CREATEOUTSTREAM(MyStream, TextEncoding.WINDOWS)
  • rkaufmannrkaufmann Member Posts: 71
    Hi, this topic is quite old right now, but I just have the need to create Code 128 Barcodes.
    The Programming is working very well so far, but in the Code 128 Section, the encoding for some characters are missing:
    `{|}~

These characters are used to encode german special characters (Umlaute). If a codescanner is setup for german language, these characters will be translated by the scanner into
    äüöß

Has anyone encountered this as well and probably a fix for it?
  • lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    It's not allowed in the encoding, please see the url below for the allowed characters.
    http://www.barcodeisland.com/code128.phtml
  • lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    Fyi, an attempt to make it in AL
    https://github.com/StijnBt/Barcode365