Ja (Da,Si,bien) is no option

garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
edited 2012-06-14 in NAV Tips & Tricks
This tip is only for users with an NAV language <> ENU (Like DEU or NLD)

You start NAV Client and you get the message:

"Nein is no option" or "Ja is no option"

This message will be displayed, if you change the language in NAV to EN before you close it and then you start NAV again with the shortcut on your desktop.

For example:
servername=MyServername, ntauthentication=Ja, company="CRONUS AG", nettype=tcp, id=C:\ZUPFolder\MyZup.zup

to avoid this message, change your shortcut properties to
ntauthentication=Ja to ntauthentication=1 
or
ntauthentication=Nein to ntauthentication=0 

I know it's an old issue and anybody knows this, but for "nebies" with a language <> EN could it be for interest.

Regard
Do you make it right, it works too!

Comments

• imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    However I also get this when I reopen NAV using the start menu icon - which is to say finsql.exe without any parameters.

It automatically reopens the last db I had open but just occasionally it generates the message 'Sí is no option'
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    I think that is because the options are saved in the zup-file and probably sometimes they go nuts if you change languages.
    I have the habit of creating shortcuts in which I put all parameters. These shortcuts I then give to all the users.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    Thats probably the cause alright.

This only occurs to me and I don't use much in the way of zup files - I set up short cuts for clients but unless I'm going to be using a particular db solidly for days then I just open nav and pick the db I want to work on.

Ian
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    How can you alter that parameter with a NAS?
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Is there a ENU folder or BEL Folder in the NAS folder?
    Does this message comes when u debug?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    Sog wrote:
    Check this : http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=15
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    When adding the ntauthentication=1 to the bat file, the parameter is not recognized, and failes to start the Service :(
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    Sog wrote:
    When adding the ntauthentication=1 to the bat file, the parameter is not recognized, and failes to start the Service :(
    That is very strange, I always use 1 or 0 and it works.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Sog wrote:
    You don't need that parameter with NAS. The service is set up with a Windows login, and it inherently knows that it uses NTAuthentication.
  • fufikkfufikk Member Posts: 104
    In my case (NAV PL, server EN, NAS 5.0) removal of zup file did the trick. Windows account used for NAS was the same as the one I was logged on to and prior to installing NAS I logged to NAV (client app) with this user account. Apparently NAS saw my zup file and threw an error.
  • AGerNavAGerNav Member Posts: 9
    I 've always used the "ntauthentication=0" syntax in my shortcuts and i' ve never had any problems. The message appeared all of a sudden. I deleted the .zup file but it didn't work. Any ideas? Coult it be something with the language that was tampered with by some user? Or perhaps the way that the parameter 0 works .... ?
  • BernardJBernardJ Member Posts: 57
    This problem can also occur in combination with a breakpoint file (NaviBP.xml). Removal of this file worked for me
  • kennet_lindbergkennet_lindberg Member Posts: 6
    BernardJ wrote:
    This problem can also occur in combination with a breakpoint file (NaviBP.xml). Removal of this file worked for me
    Thank you, this has been driving me nuts! =D>
    Kennet Lindberg - Consilia Solutions
  • DmitriySozinovDmitriySozinov Member Posts: 23
    BernardJ wrote:
    Great advice, saved my day :)
  • JoergRJoergR Member Posts: 13
    Hi, i recently had the same error but none of above tricks did resolve this issue (deleting fin.zup, breakpoint xml, options to language and so on..)

In my case, the user had created a menue shortcut which somehow did trigger the above error message when loggin in (in particular, when loading the menu suite).

So i had to delete the user specific shortcuts from table User Menu Level (2000000061) where the shortcuts are stored as BLOB.

HTH
    Joerg