Microsoft Dynamics NAV W1 2009 (Classic Client)

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
edited 2008-11-28 in Download section
Microsoft Dynamics NAV W1 2009 (Classic Client)
This is a copy of the CsideClient & Documentation directory taken from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV W1 2009 product DVD.

The Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 release offers breakthrough user experience and technology innovations while maintaining the simplicity that has always been a core value of this solution. With Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009, businesses can:

• Enhance personal productivity with a streamlined RoleTailored user experience including Role Centers corresponding to 21 key roles within an organization. Employees have access to tools and alerts pulled in from other parts of the application into a single view empowering them to accomplish more each day with a clear overview of relevant tasks and information.
• Connect, adapt and grow with enhanced flexibility to adapt to meet changing needs. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 provides major new technology innovations, including more flexible solution architecture, Web services, and tighter integration with Microsoft technologies, making it easier than ever to adapt business systems to meet changing demands.
• Improve reporting capabilities with sophisticated business intelligence (BI) capabilities based on the new SQL Server database layer introduced in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009. Employees are able to drill into data to identify trends, generate business insights, and monitor how they’re tracking against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Maximize existing investments in Microsoft products and technologies, including Microsoft® Windows® SharePoint® Services.
• Simplify the development process. Now partners can develop in the language they prefer with continued support for C/SIDE.

The database is included, and a demo license so you can explore the whole application.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1020

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• lyotlyot Member Posts: 202
    I've heard there are some issues with installing the 2009 client on a computer
    with previous versions of NAV installed. (3.X,4.X,5 SPX)
    Is there some guideline installing 2009 without messing up the older clients?
  • lakshmivallurulakshmivalluru Member Posts: 168
    Hi,

I have downloaded the file. I can't open Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic.pdf.I can open rest of the pdf's.
    LR
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    This is not a Adobe pdf, but some remote-installation file.

See Can't read PDF on installation medium?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • coommarkcoommark Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for this download. I have downloaded it, installed it and its working well.

However ](*,) can you upload the RoleTailored Client for us to download and try? For me i think the real bomb is that RTC. Is it possible to do that here?

Thank you
    I'm thinking about a way to make it available for download. But the RTC alone is not enough. You'll need to install some server components as well, to get it running. The result will be a zip-file of ca. 1 GB, which is almost the same as the whole ProductDVD.

Can someone tell me which directories needs to be available when installing the RTC, so that one can see the new UX?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As I PM you, you need all excluding:

ADCS
    Autorun
    BNServer
    CG
    Devkit
    Documentation
    GanttServer
    Nas
    NEP
    Nodbc
    Server
    TransformationTool

Rest of the folders I assume are needed. But I prefer to download whole DVD, because only in this way you can be sue that the demo installation will not have any problem.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    If you only install the RoleTailoredClient, you have nothing to connect to ;-)

Due to popular request, the NAV W1 2009 ProductDVD is available for download: Microsoft Dynamics NAV W1 2009 (Product DVD)

We will see if the server can handle the load. If not, the download will be removed.
  • coommarkcoommark Member Posts: 17
    Oh thanks Luc Van Dyck! I am rolling away and downloading it even if it will take days. Pls do not remove it if possible.

Thank you so much!

=D>
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    lyot wrote:
    I've heard there are some issues with installing the 2009 client on a computer
    with previous versions of NAV installed. (3.X,4.X,5 SPX)
    Is there some guideline installing 2009 without messing up the older clients?

I had some problems doing that, and saw that other people here were having problems also. I discussed this with a number of NAV PG people at Convergence, and I think in the end its just a case of taking short cuts, missing a step etc. during installation.

I tried it again making sure to do each step correctly, and everything worked. I was planning to blog about this last weekend, but had troubles with my new computer, so put that on hold.

But definitely you can have at least 3.70, 4.00 5.00 and 2009 running on once win2003 machine. (Including the RTC).
    David Singleton