Export to Excel in NAV 2009 RTC - Not Working

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
edited 2010-03-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

when I try to run the codeunit from a form in Nav classic version of 2009,I can able to export to excel.But when i try to put this same coding in a page and try to run it in NAV 2009 RTC, i can able to find the option but cannot able to export to excel.if anybody knows the reason, Kindly suggest me a solution on how to rectify this error.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision' forum to 'NAV 2009' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Think about one thing - is the export running on machine, where the excel is installed? Do not forget that business logic is running on NST by default...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi Kine,

When I run the export to excel from form in nav 2009 classic, the excel is opened but when i try to open fron the page, its not opening. This is the problem.

If you have any suggestion on how to rectify this, kindly suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
    And again, have you read my answer? Do you know how the classic client and RTC are different?

Classic will run the business logic on your PC, RTC will run it on NST (where the mid-tier is installed)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Hi Kine,

I have installed all the three tiers in single PC and it is standalone system. If this is the case, then it should work right.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
    And what error you will get when you try to use the export?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • navinbnavinb Member Posts: 51
    can be the case that how you are exporting to excel ..using Excel Buffer or not ? as it handles some RTC file handling that might be missed if these table is not used and that code is not in the codeunit also ...
    Hi Kine,

I have called a codeunit in the Page onpush trigger of the page actions.But when I click the menu in from the page nothing is happening.Actually when i click the menu i should get a bar chart in Excel.The same codeunit i have called in form and there it was working fine.But in RTC it is nor working.

If you know the solution for this, Kindly reply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.
    Bat please, read all the questions and answer them. Navinb asked something and it is critical thing. How you are generating the excel. Do not forget that the code is on middle tier and thus it is not possible to show you something on the client. But all depends on how you are generating the excel...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • manisharma31manisharma31 Member Posts: 285
    Hi,
    Prefer you look at page id. Migration Overview (8614)->Action ->Function->Export to Excel or Import to Excel.

But you need to look into the code for reference purpose.
    Regards,
    Manish