Waldo Dynamics NAV Notepad (WaldoNavPad) v3.1

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Yes I had the chance ... and it works! :-)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    Waldo wrote:
    Yes I had the chance ... and it works! :-)

Is there any way you can update the download to have Page object that demonstrates this? In my test VPC, I was getting an error about "Table 2000000046 is not available and cannot be opened" (which is the Automation server table).

I freely admit, this may be something wrong with my environment (though it's just the VPC from Microsoft), but would be good to know what exactly so it can be avoided.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"
  • ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    Waldo, thanks for your solution.
    Not to mention i have modified the mechansim and incorported BLOB field rather then multiple text lines.
    Our clients are using it from past 1 year and no problem has been reported as yet.

Now since we are moving on to Nav 09, the bigger challenge is to keep waldopad. So far i am struggling to incorporate waldopad in Nav 09 RTC.

Nav 09 doesnt support Automation table (2000000046) anymore, so now we cannot check if a dll is registered or not. In other words the following code is gone:
    IsOCXDLLInstalled(ptxtRegistryName : Text[100];ptxtVersion : Text[30]) : Boolean
    lrecAutServers.SETRANGE(Name,ptxtRegistryName);
    lrecAutServers.SETRANGE(Version,ptxtVersion);
    EXIT(lrecAutServers.FINDSET(FALSE,FALSE));

So i commented out above function call but thn i got following error:

This message is for C/AL programmers: The call to member ShowDialog failed: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application..

RTC doesnt like it.

Since you are the guru so you may know the solution. Any help on above would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sikandar Memon
    Are you still suffering from this problem? I have it working in the RTC without doing anything on the DLL.

Furthermore ... I'm going to add the BLOB field myself as well ... to save formatted text, but actually, saving it in multiple text lines has the advantage of being able to search an filter through normal C/SIDE code... which is one of the key factors of this pad ;°).

Thanks for using it, by the way :wink:

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    Hay Waldo, its working in RTC mode.
    Added FALSE,TRUE arguments in CREATE function and for automation table i have added ISSERVICETIER condition.
    Everything is all good.

Let me know if you need anything regarding BLOB fields.

Thanks & Regards,
    That is indeed the solution ... thanks for posting it here [-o< .

I haven't been working on the navpad anymore ... but I am thinking of making it a little bit more "NAV 2009"-ish ... but what that means ... I don't know yet ;°)

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • dahuidahui Member Posts: 0
    hey waldo great tool!!!

i wanted to ask if its ok for u if i modifie the source Code of ur VB projekt,

well i already tried it ^^ cuz i read ur statement earlier that it would be ok for u but... got some problems opening and editing the "vb" files.... got advise ? what client have u used for it?
    Off course that's OK for me. That's why I've put the source there.

I've created the dll with VS2005 ... . I wouldn't know why you can't open them, actually ... :-k

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    well it sait that i dont have the right source code mennaging Plugin....
    "Quellcode Verwaltungs Plug-in" in german.....
    hm .. weird ...
    Give me your email in pm and I'll send you a new version...

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    ok... i did it ^^

next problem.....

after i edited the DLL and saved it again its impossible to register it
    Dllname was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer or DllUnregisterServer entry point was not found.

after spending some with best friend GOOGLE i found out that this kind of DLL does not need to be registered so my question now:
    how do i update my curent navpad version?
  • RachelSoonRachelSoon Member Posts: 202
    Hi Waldo,
    can you upload the lastest Waldo NAV pad?
    I ma having problem to add the dll to the custom control list at NAV.

Thank you.

regards
    Rachel
  • McMercyMcMercy Member Posts: 7
    Hi Waldo!

Is there any possibility to use copy and paste in the NavPad? That would be a great functionality.

Marcel
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Did you try Ctrl-C (Copy) & Ctrl-V (Paste)?
    that's indeed how I do it .. I copy mails in the navpad all the time.. without problems.

May be you can elaborate more?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • McMercyMcMercy Member Posts: 7
    Yeah you are right, I had set the Pad to readonly so I couldnt past, but in general it works fine.
    Owkay, cool 8) .
    Thanks for using it !! ;°)

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • redStriperedStripe Member Posts: 83
    I am trying to use the NavPad in NAV 2009 RTC but it doesnt work :(
    In the same database with the Classic Client it works fine.
    Can anybody give me detailed Information what I have to change that it works in NAV 2009 RTC?
    Thanks.
    Did you try to change the "CREATE(WaldoNavPad)" to "CREATE(WaldoNavPad,TRUE,TRUE)"?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    Waldo Dynamics NAV Notepad (WaldoNavPad) v3.1
    With WaldoNavPad you edit big amouts of texts in some kind of textpad, and store it in navision-tables (in pieces) to be able to show the content in a subform. The fieldlenght of a piece of text is adjustable. The pieces of text will be cut of at a "Space" or "Carriage Return".
    Also read this blogpost: http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/arc ... v2009.aspx

New functionality v3.1:
    Added
    - DialogResultOK is only true when (1) you pressed "OK" (duh...) and (2) you changed something (this is new).
    - Added Context Menu
    - New WaldoNavPad Management codeunit which handles the communication with dll. This way, business logic and dll-communication are separated.
    - NAV2009 ready + demo pages
    Fixed
    - In some cases, words were split in the middle of the word (see topic (viewtopic.php?p=108925#p108925))
    - Overflow errors

New functionality v3:
    Added:
    - warning when you changed the text and cancelled. The warningtext is customizable for multilanguage reasons.
    - Possibility for working with fonts
    - Possibility for making the pane readonly
    Fixed:
    - Pressing EditFind and then Cancel resulted into an error (cfr. Mibuso member Andic)

New functionality v2:
    - Button text is adjustable (with text constants it's easy to make it language dependant).
    - Print / Print Preview functionality
    - Save text as rtf-file (easy to open in MS Word)
    - Search functionality
    - Bigger font so text is better "readable".

The download contains:
    - navision-objects which shows how to use the WaldoNavPad-DLL.
    - a setup for installing the VB.NET-DLL file.
    - the sourcecode of the VB.NET Class Library and Test UI

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=335

Discuss this download here.
  • gtwgtw Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I was hoping to be able to silently deploy the Waldo Nav Pad utility. My users do not have Admin rights.

I can install with setup.exe /qn however when this completes only the user who ran the installation seems to be able to utilise the functions within Navision. I want to install for 'Everyone' (as per setup.exe's options).

Can anyone tell me how I can achieve this?
  • SivapragasSivapragas Member Posts: 2
    When it Call from NAV page following error message appear

"the call to member showDialog fails: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib........"
    @gtw: I suppose this is more like a security/installation-related issue .. not one of my strongest points.. . I integrated it with the ComponentHelper from Freddy's blog. Are you familiar with that? It works like a charm .. but I must say, we do have admin rights on our pc's. Don't know what effect is has when not having that... .

Eric Wauters
    My blog
    @Sivapragas:
    hm, never had that issue .. may be you can share some code on how you're calling the navpad?
    Does the included demo work?
    Have you downloaded the latest build?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • SivapragasSivapragas Member Posts: 2
    thanks a lots it was due to the folder rigths problem
    thanks for the help
    Cool .. I just checked this download today, and it appears I reached 7000 downloads .. TODAY!

Cool!

:mrgreen:

ps, thanks!

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • pawanppawanp Member Posts: 90
    How to store text data in BLOB field?

rec."blob field".CREATEOUSTREAM(ostream);
    ostream.WRITETEXT(WaldoNavPad.Text);

This dosent work. Any idea?
    Well, I must say .. if you're storing the text in a blob .. you're rather killing the purpose of the navpad. There are a number of other similar tools that do store the text in a blob .. I suggest you download those and have a go?

I didn't try to resolve your problem .. what are the error messages?

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • pawanppawanp Member Posts: 90
    Can you help me with the code as to how to pass BLOB field data to COM object written in C# or VB.NET?

??
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    pawanp wrote:
    Can you help me with the code as to how to pass BLOB field data to COM object written in C# or VB.NET?
    [Don't hijack this thread to ask a question that's not related to the initial topic [-X
    Please start a new thread with your question as this has nothing to do with this download.]