IDE improvements in NAV 2009 R2

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
edited 2011-01-19 in General Chat
If someone is interested in the new improvements of C/SIDE environment take a look at the NAV Team Blog.
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    what is the release date for R2?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    That's not a date :)
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    If MS says Q4, then it will probably be 31th December.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    66th of December is more likely! :)
    End of December is the target - available - don't throw your 2010 calendar away....
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    thanks for the link, very interesting!
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I like the Go To Definition... I am happy that they introduced it into R2...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    kine wrote:
    I like the Go To Definition... I am happy that they introduced it into R2...
    me too...i hope it works with SETCURRENTKEY, too...you know what i mean :wink:
    i just suggested it in the blog... :roll:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Mirko wrote:
    what about a REAL undo in the code? (ctrl+z)
    Yeah, that would be very helpful. But what do you think, if you right click in C/AL Editor then you will see "Hide Column" and "Show Column...". I believe that is because the code is somewhere stored in some kind of table structure. That is the reason why you can't use Ctrl+Z until you once left the line of code you changed. Do you agree to this structure theory? And if yes, what else do you know (guess) about it?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
    Mirko wrote:
    what about a REAL undo in the code? (ctrl+z)
    Yeah, that would be very helpful. But what do you think, if you right click in C/AL Editor then you will see "Hide Column" and "Show Column...". I believe that is because the code is somewhere stored in some kind of table structure. That is the reason why you can't use Ctrl+Z until you once left the line of code you changed. Do you agree to this structure theory? And if yes, what else do you know (guess) about it?
    this makes perfect sense...a ctrlz can be a huge modification to do for microsoft, i guess we can hope in nav "7" for it...
    P.S.: other hints to confirm this "table structure" hypotesis can be that when you use the ctrl+z, if you scroll the code up&down with arrows, the line keeps to be higlighted (just like scrolling up and down a table)...let's wait for an answer in the blog...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Jens_M-PJens_M-P Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 39
    By now the release date of R2 is well-known, so there is no point in answering that. I hope that you like the release. However, release dates are in general something we cannot disclose in community forums :-# , sorry.
    And yes, there is some truth to the code being displayed as a table (for historical reasons). That will go away when we update the development environment in a future version (and sorry, no promises here either).
    Best regards,
    Jens Møller-Pedersen [MSFT]

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I was told by support to wait for a patch update to R2 that would include all prior SP1 patches. The link I was given to watch links to SP1 not R2.
    Would you mind posting to this chat when the patched R2 is available on partnersource?