Object Manager Advanced v10.03 (trial till 15-11-2017)

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    Object Manager Advanced v7.01 (trial till 30-4-2011)
    The Object Manager Advanced – Save Money & Time

The Object Manager Advanced is the most comprehensive product for development and deployment for Dynamics NAV. The quality and continuity are recognized by Mibuso (“Best Download Award”) as well as Microsoft (“Microsoft Innovation Award 2010”). The Object Manager Advanced is the best tool for supporting your developers and consultants in Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step or the other methodology tools in place. Using the Object Manager Advanced will not only help you develop in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, it will also reduce time and costs when it comes to maintaining your solution and deploying it to your customer. The newest version of our award winning tool, is packed with new features as well as enhancements on existing functionality. This release is the first to use the Dynamics NAV Role Tailored user interface, so customers will not have to leave their familiar environment.

Develop
    The Object Manager Advanced reinvented the development environment in Dynamics NAV. Working in projects, with multiple developers at the same time in the same environment, streamlines the way developers and/or development teams deliver their solutions. Powerful new tools with functionality such as the ability to lock objects, save objects in a repository like VSS or TFS, renumber objects, fields and elements without hassle and the addition of a project module, will help lower time and costs with a higher quality of work. Whether you are working on a new add-on, upgrade existing solutions or if you’re just making some customizations, the Object Manager Advanced will help you accomplish you goal faster against lowers costs and higher quality.
    Click here for an overview of the Develop tools

Analyze
    The power of the Object Manager Advanced is completely unveiled when you start analyzing your or other people’s code. Errors and conflicts are easily found and fixed, and you won’t even have to be familiar with the solution you’re working on. The Where-Used functionality enables you to check where objects, fields, triggers, etc. are used. The Check Guidelines tool will not only check if the guidelines requirements are met, it even has the possibility to correct guidelines errors in C/AL code, whether you want to use the standard Microsoft guidelines or your own.
    Click here for an overview of the Analyze tools

Deploy
    Deploying your solutions and updates to your customers can be a time consuming exercise. When using the Object Manager Advanced at customers, the days of endless checking, testing and comparing are gone. Combine all modifications in a transport and use the wizard to import them into your customer database. Using an highly improved and extended version of the Fob file, will allow you to send application settings, roles and documentation together with your objects. Your customers will have an much greater insight of the work and changes you’ve made. Deploying with Dynamics NAV never was this easy and reliable, resulting in more satisfied consultants and customers.
    Click here for an overview of the Deploy tools

What’s New in Version 7
    In version 7 we fully integrated the new NAV2009 R2 functionality Object Locking and Integration Management. Therefore locking of objects and tracing of object modifications works even better than before. The feedback and suggestions of our partners and customers gave us, was the basis of the product enhancements we’ve made. Besides of that we added made many new features like the MenuSuite Viewer (demo video), the Create Table Wizard (demo video) and the possibility to use the RTC for selected functionality.
    Click here for an complete overview of the Object Manager Advanced functionality

“If you see it, you want it – If you have it, you want to keep it”
    Timo Lässer, msdynamics.de, Germany

"The IDYN Object Manager is the one and only Team Development Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. It improves quality and saves time and money in deploying NAV"
    Joachim Stein, General manager GfWI mbH, Germany

“This is the best development tool for Dynamics NAV available in the market. We are very happy with our choice and our development team loves to work with it.”
    Rebecca Yih, TrendMicro Taiwan

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=826

Discuss this download here.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I just tried the table wizard: there's a problem because it creates a description field of text100 and a search description field of lenght 30, thus, we can have an overflow error :-k
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Werner_ErbenWerner_Erben Member Posts: 9
    I have changed from "OM 6.01 light" OM 7.01. Unfortunately, the client now crashes completely when I do : "Update C/AL History" . I use XP SP3. I think this is due to the new DLL. Can someone help?
    Another problem is: When I used the OM, I can't use F4 in NAV and the C/AL-Compiler does not show any error messages anymore. He still jumps to the wrong place, but no error is displayed. Only a reboot of NAV then helps. I have the problem I with OM 6.01 and NAV 5.0 SP1 Nativ Client.
    Has anyone else this problem?
  • reijermolenaarreijermolenaar Member Posts: 256
    Belias wrote:
    I just tried the table wizard: there's a problem because it creates a description field of text100 and a search description field of lenght 30, thus, we can have an overflow error :-k

Yes, you're right. #-o
    We will fix it in the next release.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Another problem is: When I used the OM, I can't use F4 in NAV and the C/AL-Compiler does not show any error messages anymore. He still jumps to the wrong place, but no error is displayed. Only a reboot of NAV then helps. I have the problem I with OM 6.01 and NAV 5.0 SP1 Nativ Client.
    Has anyone else this problem?

Hi Werner,

This usually happens when you have an NAV2009 object in a NAV5.0 database.
    Then all messages and confirms are blocked until you restart NAV.

This also explains why NAV crashes when you try to execute something of the Object Manager.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Hi Reijer,

manny thanks for this very fast help.
    This was exactly the reason for my two problems with the OM.
    I like the OM very much. It's a great tool !!!

Best regards

Werner Erben
    Hi Reijer,

there is a little problem with the upgrade from 6.01 to 7.01 (NAV 4.00). When i run Cu 11102064 Step 3 an error like :

"A type conversion from BLOB to BLOB is not possible"

occurs.

Best Regards
    Werner Erben
    Hi Reijer,

now I've got a special problem. I've got a database (NAV 4.0 SP1) with some Entries in System Tables in the range from 2000000069 to 2000000080. It's impossible to delete them, but they make some big trouble in Codeunit 11102045 .

Would you please create a version of the code unit for me, witch skip the "update virtual tables ()"-code.

That would be great.

Thanks
    Werner Erben
    there is a little problem with the upgrade from 6.01 to 7.01 (NAV 4.00). When i run Cu 11102064 Step 3 an error like :

Hi Werner,

Is it an sql or a c/side database?
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    now I've got a special problem. I've got a database (NAV 4.0 SP1) with some Entries in System Tables in the range from 2000000069 to 2000000080. It's impossible to delete them, but they make some big trouble in Codeunit 11102045 .
    What kind of problem/trouble.
    Do you get an error message?
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Hi Reijer,

the problem with the type conversion is a nativ DB in 4.00 SP1 and the same problem in 3.70.

The error message in the DB with the wrong Entrys in system-tables is in the file attached.

Best regards
    Werner Erben
    Hi Werner,

There are some posts on the forum about this STX error. Maybe you can fix it by merging a newer STX file in yours. But you also can skip the virtual tables by slashing out the code line “// UpdateVirtualTables;”

I will get back to you on the upgrade function in combination NAV4.0.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Hi Reijer,

I can't comment out in the codeunit 1112025 anything, because I have no license. Otherwise I would not have asked you about it.
    I could solve this problem by rebuilding the database.

But now I have another new problem with "Where used" of keys:
    The first example shows a new key, which is definitely used one time.
    It appears that the key is 14 times used. The lookup shows correct the usage.

The key in the second example is used in one calculated field (CalcFormula=Max("Sales Line"."Corrected at" WHERE (Document Type=FIELD(Document Type), ...).

Here, no use is shown when lookup, but "no. of Times used" is 9.

Why is that?
    The only thing I can think of is that the AutoIncrement of some primary keys is resetted to 0 when you upgraded. (or not set to the highest number) It is best to delete all record in table 11102057 “OM - Where Used Object” and rebuild the where used base.

I am afraid you will also have problems with other tables like “OM - Project History”, “OM – Modification” which are using a AutoIncrement key…
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager

Hi Werner,

I've found the problem. Can you PM me your email address then I will send you a hot fix this afternoon.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    Hi Reijer,

yes, this solved the problem. Many Thanks.

For the Problem with die BLOB-Conversion: My e-mail is : W.Erben@qurius.com

Best regards
    Werner Erben
  • littlehobolittlehobo Member Posts: 6
    Question RE: Object Manager Light License.

Hello,
    I have been using OM Light 6.02 for a few month.
    I don't remember doing anything about the license when I installed OM., so I thought "Light" is free version.

Suddently(a few days ago), the database I installed OM is not accessible by NAV client anymore.
    It says "Your program license has expired.", and doesn't allow to open the database.
    This database is in dev sql server and has the exact same license as the production sql server.
    The production db is fine.

Only difference I can think of is that Object Manager Light is installed on dev.

Did anyone have experienced similar thing?
    Would it be cause by OM Light?
    Does Light version require any license taken cared?

Thanks.
    Hi,

No, this has nothing to do with the Object Manager.
    There must be a difference between the license of your live and dev database.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
  • AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
    Object Manager Advanced v7.02 (trial till 15-5-2011)
    The Object Manager Advanced – Save Money & Time

The Object Manager Advanced is the most comprehensive product for development and deployment for Dynamics NAV. The quality and continuity are recognized by Mibuso (“Best Download Award”) as well as Microsoft (“Microsoft Innovation Award 2010”). The Object Manager Advanced is the best tool for supporting your developers and consultants in Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step or the other methodology tools in place. Using the Object Manager Advanced will not only help you develop in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, it will also reduce time and costs when it comes to maintaining your solution and deploying it to your customer. The newest version of our award winning tool, is packed with new features as well as enhancements on existing functionality. This release is the first to use the Dynamics NAV Role Tailored user interface, so customers will not have to leave their familiar environment.

Develop
    The Object Manager Advanced reinvented the development environment in Dynamics NAV. Working in projects, with multiple developers at the same time in the same environment, streamlines the way developers and/or development teams deliver their solutions. Powerful new tools with functionality such as the ability to lock objects, save objects in a repository like VSS or TFS, renumber objects, fields and elements without hassle and the addition of a project module, will help lower time and costs with a higher quality of work. Whether you are working on a new add-on, upgrade existing solutions or if you’re just making some customizations, the Object Manager Advanced will help you accomplish you goal faster against lowers costs and higher quality.
    Click here for an overview of the Develop tools

Analyze
    The power of the Object Manager Advanced is completely unveiled when you start analyzing your or other people’s code. Errors and conflicts are easily found and fixed, and you won’t even have to be familiar with the solution you’re working on. The Where-Used functionality enables you to check where objects, fields, triggers, etc. are used. The Check Guidelines tool will not only check if the guidelines requirements are met, it even has the possibility to correct guidelines errors in C/AL code, whether you want to use the standard Microsoft guidelines or your own.
    Click here for an overview of the Analyze tools

Deploy
    Deploying your solutions and updates to your customers can be a time consuming exercise. When using the Object Manager Advanced at customers, the days of endless checking, testing and comparing are gone. Combine all modifications in a transport and use the wizard to import them into your customer database. Using an highly improved and extended version of the Fob file, will allow you to send application settings, roles and documentation together with your objects. Your customers will have an much greater insight of the work and changes you’ve made. Deploying with Dynamics NAV never was this easy and reliable, resulting in more satisfied consultants and customers.
    Click here for an overview of the Deploy tools

What’s New in Version 7
    In version 7 we fully integrated the new NAV2009 R2 functionality Object Locking and Integration Management. Therefore locking of objects and tracing of object modifications works even better than before. The feedback and suggestions of our partners and customers gave us, was the basis of the product enhancements we’ve made. Besides of that we added made many new features like the MenuSuite Viewer (demo video), the Create Table Wizard (demo video) and the possibility to use the RTC for selected functionality.
    Click here for an complete overview of the Object Manager Advanced functionality

“If you see it, you want it – If you have it, you want to keep it”
    Timo Lässer, msdynamics.de, Germany

"The IDYN Object Manager is the one and only Team Development Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. It improves quality and saves time and money in deploying NAV"
    Joachim Stein, General manager GfWI mbH, Germany

“This is the best development tool for Dynamics NAV available in the market. We are very happy with our choice and our development team loves to work with it.”
    Rebecca Yih, TrendMicro Taiwan

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=826

Discuss this download here.
  • plan_bplan_b Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm trying out Object Manager Advanced and I love it so far. But I'm stuck on getting SVN / Subversion to work.

I'm using NAV 2009 R2 (6.00.32012) Classic, imported the R2-FOB of OMA 7.02. SVN is installed and is working with TortoiseSVN.

First, there seems to be an error in the manual describing the setup, probably a C&P error...

Second, when I select "Subversion" in the Repository Setup, there is no field called "SubVersion executable"

Third, when I try any function in the setup (e.g. Create repository), an automation error appears.

What have I done wrong?
    Hi,

The OMA uses the PuskOK automation to connect to SVN.
    Name: PushOk COM bindings for Subversion 1.6.6
    GUID: 26BAD3D0-C2C4-4723-9175-840366CF37E7
    Version: 1.3
    TypeLibFile: C:\Program Files\Pushok Software\SVN Proxy\svn\svncom.dll

We will add this to the manual.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Hi Reijer,

I've got a very strange error. It applies to an AddOn from the Netherlands. There's an individual field in my VLE with a certain name (Code 10) and there's special NL table with another individual field of the same name (but Boolean). When I use "Where Used Objects" it is telling me that this field (of VLE) is used six times. But when I click on the drill down there's a line that is refering to a certain function in that special NL table where the Boolean field is used. This Boolean field is used serveral times in different functions on that table, but only at this single position the system thinks it's part of the VLE table.

Any idea why this happens?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
    Hi,

I did once see something similar but it was not reproducible.

Does the reference remain when you press Ctrl+F5 (Refresh) on both where used cards. If so can you please send me the objects in text format?

Thanks.
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
    No, refresh doesn't solve the problem. But when I drill down to the "Where Used In" Form, switch to the Card of the wrong line, click on Refresh and close the Card then I'm back on the "Where Used In" Form and the wrong line is empty. But when I close all forms and re-open them the wrong line is displayed again.

Give me a few days, I'll check it in standard database by creating a similar situation and come back to you.
  • zeonzeon Member Posts: 130
    Just curious to know if anyone can share some knowledge on how they use the Object Manager when having three different environments like dev, test and (pre-)prod.

What's your preferred setup regarding version no's in dev, test and prod? Are you having two different version id's for dev and test or how do you do it?
    How do you manage Transports, when you have e. g 3 changes in an object in dev but only want to move one of them to test? And what do you do when the customer refuses the change. Do you then correct in dev, and transport to test once again?

TIA

zeon
    zeon wrote:
    What's your preferred setup regarding version no's in dev, test and prod? Are you having two different version id's for dev and test or how do you do it?
    We use the same Version List for all three databases.

zeon wrote:
    How do you manage Transports, when you have e. g 3 changes in an object in dev but only want to move one of them to test?
    In my opinion that's a very uncommon situation. And it gets even more complicated when the three changes have been done by different individuals/teams. I think the only way to solve this problem is to come to an agreement (team internal and customer side). But I'm pretty sure your customer will understand this dilemma and tell you which part should be tested first or if he'll wait until all of your development is done.

zeon wrote:
    And what do you do when the customer refuses the change. Do you then correct in dev, and transport to test once again?
    Yes, load the old version of your objects in dev and transport it again to test.
    We use the same Version List for all three databases.

Ok, so when the customer tells you that they want to test a certain issue, you actually make a version in your dev db and move it to the test environment. If the customer approves the issue, do you then give it a new version no in test, or do you just move it via a Transport to prod db?
    In my opinion that's a very uncommon situation. And it gets even more complicated when the three changes have been done by different individuals/teams. I think the only way to solve this problem is to come to an agreement (team internal and customer side). But I'm pretty sure your customer will understand this dilemma and tell you which part should be tested first or if he'll wait until all of your development is done.

Well, this is not an uncommon situation with this particular customer, as they sometimes are a bit slow when it comes to testing. That's why it's a mess to uncomment the changes that should not be transferred to test, and then afterwards set these changes active again.

But thanks for your input :)
    zeon wrote:
    Ok, so when the customer tells you that they want to test a certain issue, you actually make a version in your dev db and move it to the test environment. If the customer approves the issue, do you then give it a new version no in test, or do you just move it via a Transport to prod db?
    Yes, we usually set in dev the Version List we want to have in live. We do periodic updates in a bundle. So, when something will not be approved it'll be not in the update bundle and we'll switch back the test system to a former version in dev.

zeon wrote:
    Well, this is not an uncommon situation with this particular customer, as they sometimes are a bit slow when it comes to testing. That's why it's a mess to uncomment the changes that should not be transferred to test, and then afterwards set these changes active again
    Well, I think then you have to tell them that they should not order changes to an object that has already been changed. Ok, I know that's sometmes a little bit hard but I really believe that this will end in a situation both parts can benefit from.
    Yes, we usually set in dev the Version List we want to have in live. We do periodic updates in a bundle. So, when something will not be approved it'll be not in the update bundle and we'll switch back the test system to a former version in dev.

Well, part of the problem is also that we do not update in bundles, but make periodic updates when the customer approves an issue. That's why it often happens that we both have a change in an object that is ready for release and at the same time we are developing in that object.
    Well, I think then you have to tell them that they should not order changes to an object that has already been changed. Ok, I know that's sometmes a little bit hard but I really believe that this will end in a situation both parts can benefit from.

I totally agree with you on that one! :)