Best Practice tests to use for NAV certifications

GiancarloGiancarlo Member Posts: 11
I'm currently looking to get practice tests for Navision 5.0 and 2009.
I have 4 years hands on experience implementing and customizing NAV and want to begin my certifications.
I've read as much literature as possible, but would still like to take some practice exams before testing.
I have heard that the if you can pass a practice test, then you should be able to pass the real deal.

Has anyone used any practice tests available online? Not braindumps, actual practice tests. Are there practice tests in the customer source, where?
Can you recommend a reliable site to obtain practice exams?
I want to start with the Installation and Configuration tests.
There's sites like pass guaranteed.com which have mixed reviews, and I'm not sure if they're for real.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks.

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    In my opinion, 4 years of programming in Navision is enough to pass the development certification. You do need to do a quick review of the terminology before you go.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Giancarlo wrote:
    Are there practice tests

No. It's all brain dumps.

With four years of experience you should be fine.
  • GiancarloGiancarlo Member Posts: 11
    Hi guys and thanks for you replies

I haven't developed alone for 4 years. I have done the design of the implementation and the design of the programming.
    I have 4 years hands on of configurations, creating operations and procedures and troubleshooting.
    I'm more of an implementer, I design what the programmer will do and worked with a senior developer... so I don't consider myself a developer yet.
    I can work design reports, flowfilters, I use the object designer to tweak some customizations, create some dataports, forms, custom fields and so on... I think this is more of a light programmer if anything. I'm working on other certifications like Inventory, warehouse management, financials, etc, not development... I'm not there yet, but working on it.

So in short... all practice tests are braindumps? That's news to me.
    so don't waste my money on them, as it's kind of cheating... got it. :thumbsup:

thanks again.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Make sure you study the appropriate Microsoft Dynamics NAV Certification Exam Preparation Guides which are available on PartnerSource (CustomerSource?), before taking the exam. It worked for me.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Giancarlo wrote:
    So in short... all practice tests are braindumps? That's news to me.

For NAV, yes. For other technologies, no. But there's just not a market for NAV practice tests. The people who want them usually want the brain dumps. People who want actual practice tests to determine their knowledge are few and far between.
  • jacksoncharliejacksoncharlie Member Posts: 11
    There are many places from where you can get valid practice tests. You can find places from where you can get valid & updated as well as verified dumps. I want to say first read peoples comments on it (particular website).