Data Migration NAV 4 to 2009 R2 Issue

jpof88jpof88 Member Posts: 10
Hi guys,

I'd like to request your help on this subject.

I'm migrating a database from Navision 4 (no SP3) to 2009 R2, Both SQL DBs.
I'm running Step 6 of the Data Migration Quickguide.
6. Run codeunit 104045, Upgrade NAV 2009 Step 1.
In Object Designer, run form 104001, Upgrade - Old Version.
For each company, on form 104001, click Transfer Data. This runs codeunit 104045.

The problem is that the system hangs on "Table Information" table. It enters in an infinite loop. I've waited 24 hours and it kept running (it was already at 2000000 records count).
I tried redoing indexes bu it hasn't solved the problem.

Can you help me?

Thanks,
jpof88

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    How do you know it goes into an infinite loop? How big is your database?
  • jpof88jpof88 Member Posts: 10
    Well, I've done a couple of data migration on this database before, just to test the process before the final migration, and it never took this long. The previous attempt took about 15 hours for the hole migration process. Including Data backup/restore.

My database is 15GB.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jpof88 wrote:
    Well, I've done a couple of data migration on this database before, just to test the process before the final migration, and it never took this long. The previous attempt took about 15 hours for the hole migration process. Including Data backup/restore.

My database is 15GB.

Well if it worked before and it doesn't work now, the question is "what did you change?"
    David Singleton
    Well I compressed G/L Entry, Cust. Ledger Entry and Vendor Ledger Entry data and changed security mode from advanced to standard, but I believe the problem comes from neither of those changes.

To give more detail, my customer has 3 databases running on NAV 4, and we are migrating all 3 to NAV 2009 R2. The changes above, it were made to all 3 BDs and the problem only occur in one of them.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    jpof88 wrote:
    Well I compressed G/L Entry, Cust. Ledger Entry and Vendor Ledger Entry data and changed security mode from advanced to standard, but I believe the problem comes from neither of those changes.

So as I see it.

1 - The process works
    2 - You changed something
    3 - The process no longer works.

But you are convinced that step 2 has nothing to do with step 3?

might I suggest you take the database prior to compression and see if it will upgrade, if you get the same error you then have somewhere to start from if you don't get the error you need to focus on step 2.

Computer programs don't generally stop working unless you change something.
    David Singleton
    Ok, Trying to find the problem, I create a list form with "Table Information" as source table, at first it ran fine, but when I tried to apply a filter by company name, it started counting record infinitely as happened in Data Migration process.

The code lines I got stuck at were the following,

Object.SETCURRENTKEY(Type,Name);
    Object.SETRANGE(Type,Object.Type::Table);
    Object.SETRANGE(Name,TableName);
    IF NOT Object.FINDFIRST THEN
      EXIT(FALSE);

TableInformation.SETFILTER("Company Name",'%1|%2','',COMPANYNAME);
    TableInformation.SETRANGE("Table No.",Object.ID);
    IF TableInformation.FINDFIRST THEN;

It gets stuck at TableInformation.FINDFIRST;
    I tried redoing the keys indexes but didn't solved.

Any ideas?
    Hi to all,

Just to update the post, I've solved my problem. It was a character "@" in the name of the company that was screwing everything around.

Thanks to those who replied the post.