Navision Performance Issue

nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
edited 2012-02-21 in SQL Performance
hi guys,

we have feedback from user about sudden slow in navision performance (v4 sp1). initially user was unable to post, they would get and error message: "the g/l table is lock by another user, please try again." our initial findings was multiple user was doing posting concurrently (eg: finance closing, whse transfering stocks/ adjustments stocks, operations doing sales) so we had to advise user to hold on for a little while and try again.

however recently the situation gotten worse that even looked up an item, quantity etc etc takes a sec or two! i checked database session, and found some stuffs idle time

as far as i know (from F1) idle time its the time after output from sql performed, so i had checked with the user, which said they had finished churning out the report already and yet the memory usage still pretty high. how is it possible that after running report, memory is not return back to navision?

can someone kindly enlighten me please?

PS: i have no background in SQL, so pardon if this posts sounds stupid to you

Comments

• davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    If this change in performance suddenly happened, then you probably either introduced new code or your database needs performance tuning.
    Other problems are hardware problems and more users creating more memory pressure.
    Take a look using the various tools Microsoft provides for monitoring performance - Windows and SQL Server.
    If you are new to SQL Server, get some books, and use SQL Server book online, msdn, etc.

If your budget allows for it, get some help from one of the performance tuning consultants who frequent this site.